Header image

I have an original Hans Solo Carbonite figure from the movie set,

Sell your collectables here. Vintage (1977-1985) Star Wars toys only please - use the 'General Sales' forum for selling modern and non-Star Wars items.
Stuart7918
New User
New User

I have an original Hans Solo Carbonite figure from the movie set,

Postby Stuart7918 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:19 pm

Hello

I have a completely original Hans Solo in Carbonite from the Leavesden set.

I would like to get it restored and/or sell it

It was legally purchased in 2002, it's still in England, and it has good provenance (affidavits and letters)

I have taken some amateur pictures I am happy to send or post, it's not a copy, limited edition, it's the real thing looking for a proper home and someone to restore him
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (983.01 KiB) Viewed 680 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (953.08 KiB) Viewed 680 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (822.83 KiB) Viewed 680 times

itfciain
Approved Trader
Approved Trader

Re: I have an original Hans Solo Carbonite figure from the movie set,

Postby itfciain » Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:52 pm

Your best bet might be someone like Jason Joiner if you are looking for a private sale. However, if you have the provenience then I would approach one of the auction houses or Prop Store as this would fetch an amazing amount of money if real
"I'll probably be broke and homeless but I'll have a hell of a collection!"

For all your display requirements - viewtopic.php?f=4&t=26287

And for vintage goodness - http://stores.ebay.co.uk/iainitfc/_i.html?_sop=3&rt=nc

Stuart7918
New User
New User

Postby Stuart7918 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:05 pm

Thanks for the response, I have no idea what it's worth, but it is totally authentic, just a bit damaged (fingers and throat ) and the back is rotten and needs replacing. Do you have any idea of value. I've only seen the US Copies - and they vary in price so much !

itfciain
Approved Trader
Approved Trader

Postby itfciain » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:08 pm

Putting a price on something like this would be almost impossible in the current market - if it turned out to be the real deal - I have messaged one of the guys over here as he has far more experience with props that I do - I would think that the most important thing here would be all of the paperwork - if that is in order then this could be a very interesting thread :D
"I'll probably be broke and homeless but I'll have a hell of a collection!"

For all your display requirements - viewtopic.php?f=4&t=26287

And for vintage goodness - http://stores.ebay.co.uk/iainitfc/_i.html?_sop=3&rt=nc

Stuart7918
New User
New User

Postby Stuart7918 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:12 pm

Paperwork is limited but absolutely legit. Originates from Hertfordshire Film Link - who ran chunks of Leavesden Studios before during and after the movie was shot. !

All information can be validated - but - I've never seen an original for sale - so can't guess at the value.

Robstyley
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Robstyley » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:29 pm

Amazing piece! Looks like the real deal. The value may depend on a few things like: Is it really a genuine production piece? How many were made? Was this one screen used? Etc. There was that original Tie Fighter Pilot helmet that Prop Store valued at 50k not so long ago. I don't know what this is worth but if genuine it could be thousands.

Stuart7918
New User
New User

Postby Stuart7918 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:57 pm

Robstyley wrote:Amazing piece! Looks like the real deal. The value may depend on a few things like: Is it really a genuine production piece? How many were made? Was this one screen used? Etc. There was that original Tie Fighter Pilot helmet that Prop Store valued at 50k not so long ago. I don't know what this is worth but if genuine it could be thousands.

Thanks Rob

Who do you think I should make contact with to get Hans out of a lock up in Hertfordshire (near the studios ) and get him fixed up, and into a new home. I can't eBay, I am working in Australia now and am inundated with "dodgy brokers" all I want to do is sell an original studio piece, that I guess is in pretty short supply. I understood that the model makers only made half a dozen of these, some which beeped and flashed, and a couple that didn't because they were the full face shots. It's one of those that I have!

ScruffyLookingNH
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby ScruffyLookingNH » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:01 pm

Holy cow. What an incredible piece. As Iain has already suggested someone like JJ would be the man to speak to. I would recommend speaking to a number of people, though. Contact The Prop Store in London for sure and, also, Christies in London who have some very well publicised movie orientated sales which attract worldwide coverage.

I suggest you don't accept the first offer. I don't know what this could achieve, but if it appeared on screen you have to be talking up towards 6 figures, if not beyond. And even if not, you're well into 5 figures. Provenance will have to be very, very good, though.

Can't believe there's pieces like this still in the wild. Incredible. Thanks for coming on here with it.

_Lee_
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby _Lee_ » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:13 pm

I actually work in Hertfordshire, and live in Luton :D

I have posted a thread with a link to this on the RPF (replica prop forum)' for more info as there are loads of builders over there.

My opinion (i havent studied HIC a lot mind) is that this may not be screen used for production purposes, but is a possible first generatiin cast from the screen used one. This is my own thought but lets see what the RPF have to say. Unfortunately, the paperwork/provenance has to be from someone with a direct link to the film, and auction houses made many errors in the past. 2002 was in the SW boom years, and people put their name to and forged anything to make an extra few quid. Im not saying its not real, because i really hope it is, but this would be one of the most interesting finds after the guy who found a screen used ANH trooper costume in his loft which was given to him by a friend of his parents who had worked on the movie.

Lee
Vintage toys ,prop and autograph collector and Luton Town FC supporter.
Also try to play guitar with the guy in my avatar as an inspiration!
JASON BECKER STILL THE BEST EVER AND STILL HERE DESPITE A.L.S.

RifleSmile
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby RifleSmile » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:20 pm

Just WOW.

_Lee_
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby _Lee_ » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:23 pm

Here is the prop in LF archives.
Attachments
lucasfilm-archive_fett_HIC.jpg
lucasfilm-archive_fett_HIC.jpg (154.73 KiB) Viewed 575 times

_Lee_
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby _Lee_ » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:36 pm

Another pic.Im just trying to do som match ups.
Attachments
Rare-LFL-Lucasfilm-Archives-Movie-Prop-Lost-Photos-Star-Wars-Indiana-Jones-Historic-Visit-Original-Prop-Blog-004-RSJ.jpg
Rare-LFL-Lucasfilm-Archives-Movie-Prop-Lost-Photos-Star-Wars-Indiana-Jones-Historic-Visit-Original-Prop-Blog-004-RSJ.jpg (241.18 KiB) Viewed 568 times

sparkysx
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby sparkysx » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:49 pm

I live in Hertfordshire, let me know if you need any help.

ace
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby ace » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:55 pm

from these photos its the limited edition product rare but not screen used :-( sorry guys

jason

indianawars
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby indianawars » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:01 pm

Really cool, but I'm not 100% convinced after trying to do some match ups, but it could be the lighting. Perhaps a picture of his feet might also shed some clues.

Return to “Star Wars Items for Sale”