Header image

FS - Palitoy 12bk MOC's

Sell your collectables here. Vintage (1977-1985) Star Wars toys only please - use the 'General Sales' forum for selling modern and non-Star Wars items.
Mocman
New User
New User

Re: FS - Palitoy 12bk MOC's

Postby Mocman » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:45 pm

For those prices I'd expect them to be delivered by taxi :lol:

lejackal
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby lejackal » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:47 pm

Mocman wrote:For those prices I'd expect them to be delivered by taxi :lol:

What were you expecting to pay for high grade examples then?

Mocman
New User
New User

Postby Mocman » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:22 pm

Wasn't suggesting that these specific figures were priced inappropriately; rather just a rueful comment on current prices in general. Humour doesn't always translate well in cyberspace.

theforceuk
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby theforceuk » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:31 pm

Mocman wrote:Humour doesn't always translate well in cyberspace.

Agreed! Amazing pieces. :shock:
'But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some power converters.'

Mocman
New User
New User

Postby Mocman » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:46 pm

These prices are indeed substantial, however will collectors in 2027 look back wistfully at 2017 prices when equivalent palitoy Mocs will no doubt be unobtainable for any less than £7k and £8k + a piece? :shock:

Mocman
New User
New User

Postby Mocman » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:56 pm

My view for what it's worth is that prices will continue to rise steadily until those of us in our mid thirties and forties are six feet under and then tail off significantly as younger collectors will have no nostalgic or emotional investment in such iconic pieces. Lots of other variables will also come into play around that time as well e.g. Deteriorating condition of the pieces due to natural processes inherent in the pieces and rising costs of conserving them, much less interest in physical toys among young people who are more involved and interested in computer gaming leading to a massive fall off in interest. It is going to be a case of who is left carrying the parcel when the music stops in my view. Still, there are an interesting 3 to 4 decades left...... :lol:

theforceuk
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby theforceuk » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:57 pm

Just wait until the Chinese become interested, then were all screwed.

Wreck-It Ralph
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Wreck-It Ralph » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:44 pm

SteveAv wrote:Bump. Leia is now sold. Have some 20backs that I'll get posted up soon too.

cheers. Steve

Hi

I know this is an old post and this question has already been asked but are the 20 backs still available?

If yes could you let me know which ones and the prices?

Thanks for your time.
Because he's holding a thermal detonator!!

We all have our time machines. Some take us back, they're called memories. Some take us forward, they're called dreams.

Wreck-It Ralph
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Wreck-It Ralph » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:40 am

Mocman wrote:My view for what it's worth is that prices will continue to rise steadily until those of us in our mid thirties and forties are six feet under and then tail off significantly as younger collectors will have no nostalgic or emotional investment in such iconic pieces. Lots of other variables will also come into play around that time as well e.g. Deteriorating condition of the pieces due to natural processes inherent in the pieces and rising costs of conserving them, much less interest in physical toys among young people who are more involved and interested in computer gaming leading to a massive fall off in interest. It is going to be a case of who is left carrying the parcel when the music stops in my view. Still, there are an interesting 3 to 4 decades left...... :lol:

I disagree with the popularity in collecting tailing off and therefore the value if this was the case then Golden Age Comics would now be worthless. Comics have increased in value significantly in the past 10 years both an Action Comics Volume 1 and a Detective Comics Volume 27 in a high grade can fetch over a million now and yet their principal characters date back to 1938 (Superman) and 1939 (Batman). The films live on with continued popularity and the comic books continue to rise in price (there is no price limit). I recently watched Rogue One and felt quite emotional at the end it was the best Star Wars film I have seen since the Original Trilogy so much so that I started collecting on Jan 5th 2017. I find it hard to believe that future and present generations who love the Star Wars films will have no interest or fascination in its roots or desire to collect because they are too busy playing Call of Duty!

We all have our time machines. Some take us back, they're called memories. Some take us forward, they're called dreams.

Wreck-It Ralph
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Wreck-It Ralph » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:53 am

theforceuk wrote:Just wait until the Chinese become interested, then were all screwed.

If the Chinese enter the market then I am sure 8D8 will become very popular overnight.

Thunderpit
New User
New User

Postby Thunderpit » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:34 am

Is the seller of these still around? And are these still for sale?

coomber75
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby coomber75 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:45 pm

Yep let me know if you are still selling those 20 backs :)

stormcab
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby stormcab » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:12 pm

Wreck-It Ralph wrote:
theforceuk wrote:Just wait until the Chinese become interested, then were all screwed.

If the Chinese enter the market then I am sure 8D8 will become very popular overnight.

:lol: :lol: :lol: good call. It would become the most sought after figure

theforceuk
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby theforceuk » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:29 pm

Yeah I don't think there is much chance of the Chinese getting into Vintage Star Wars, although I would have said that about expensive wine 10 years ago and now they just buy it to give away as a gift. :shock: :?

sidogboddy
Regular
Regular

Postby sidogboddy » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:23 pm

Any of these left ?

Return to “Star Wars Items for Sale”