Force awakens arch way

Triggs

Hi everyone. My name is Alex, I'm from Liverpool. I acquired this item through work. Was too good to let go. Ok so I have a Star Wars arch way that was used for advertising the launch of the movie in a supermarket. They are essentially none existent as they were sent out by Disney , with instruction to destroy once the campaign was over (1 week later)

We were told they came at a cost of roughly £2000, which is why we were all told repeatedly to take extra care when assembling!

It is a 3 piece structure consisting of two pillars and a section that lays across the top of said pillars. The images are all high definition print, with a high gloss finish. All 3 pieces are reversible with the title piece having two different designs.

I am a Star Wars fan, but not big enough to enjoy the value of this. Which is why I'm looking to this forum to see it go to a much better home instead of wrapped up in my bedroom. As I say, it is most certainly very valuable as I doubt there are any left across the country whatsoever. I was just lucky.. or dashing enough to make sure this one survived.

£2000 approx was the cost of these things to the company, im definitely not looking for that figure back for something I'm not passionate about, it could mean a whole lot more to somebody else. I'm after a fair £500 o.n.o for this.

Anybody interested feel free to contact me via MOD EDIT, EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED. PM HIM GUYS

Thanks people

Attachments

• IMG_0006.JPG
    IMG_0006.JPG
    91.4 KB · Views: 851
  • IMG_0007.JPG
    IMG_0007.JPG
    100.8 KB · Views: 849
  • IMG_0008.JPG
    IMG_0008.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 853
  • IMG_0009.JPG
    IMG_0009.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 850
  • IMG_0010.JPG
    IMG_0010.JPG
    91.9 KB · Views: 853
  • IMG_0011.JPG
    IMG_0011.JPG
    102.3 KB · Views: 852

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
I removed your email address from your listing, this is a public forum, while I trust 99% of the guys on here any one on the web could read it and you don't want your email address visible to them.

If anyone is interested they will Private Message you.

mumbo

Sith Lord
That's a cool looking piece, doesn't interest me but am sure it would appeal to a modern collector.

Refreshing to see that you've also not come on here with wild expectations of what you can get for it......... although I have no clue as to whether £500 is a fair price or not.

If you are on FB I would suggest joining the Echo Base Modern Star Wars trading group as your target audience will be much greater as this is primarily a vintage collecting market.

Good luck with the sale.

Lindo

Sith Lord
500 for that! good luck, personally I think you would struggle to get 50+ I would not just assume that its rare and expensive because a supermarket paid 2000 for it, that means nothing, I work for a supermarket too and we have had plenty of stuff like this which we sold off via a closed bidding system for charity after the event never getting anywhere close to what your wanting

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Sorry to say I think the £500 is somewhat optimistic IMO.

The Rogue One standees were generally given away or maybe £10-£15 charity donation at most supermarkets as the promotion ended; There is a thread on here where those interested got them. One chap was giving one away if you were willing to pay postage.

These were popular (and size manageable) life size characters, U Wing ships and the DVD / Blue Ray standees all fell into that bracket. Extra cardboard and limited availability of yours might see it getting to c£50... maybe...

av6

Jedi Knight
WOW, that's quite a thing. £500 sounds a bit on the high side, but still a nice thingy all the same.

Are you red or blue? I'd be up for a divorce if I bought something off the wrong colour, lol. Personally I'm not fussed, I'm a Villa fan.

@SAVORY100. I was that chap that offered the Rogue One display if someone wanted to pay postage. I still have it and the offer still stands.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
It's already been said but: cool piece.

Savory100 has it right, though. I'd be amazed if you got three figures for this, let alone £500. Its problem (as Steve says) is its size. It's not even about displaying it but storing it. Big things like this are rare because no one can keep them but they're undesirable for the exact same reason.

Good luck.

tobedesu

Jedi Knight
Agree that £50 would be a fair asking price.
However, it is hard to price it up as has been said.

Might I add that you have a great looking ceiling in the last photo.

Triggs

Hey guys, really appreciate all the feedback. I only went with that price in relation to what it cost the store. I don't claim to have any knowledge of Star Wars collectibles or their worth so it's really helpful to have some feedback from you all. Taking all into consideration, I'm thinking maybe the price is a little too high. Which is why I am open to sensible offers on it. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction though as this does seem to be for vintage collectors. It was just another port of call for me which has been quite helpful. Like I say, I only come up with a price based on what it cost originally, so I hope you don't think I'm trying to pull the wool over your eyes!

Also for the member who asked, I'm a red. Sadly. Haha

subzero

Sith Lord
Wow what a massive piece :shock:

But yeah for the price side of it I don't know anything about the value of what you have, but what I can say is that years ago I walked into a Blockbuster shop ( man I miss Blockbuster :( ), and asked if I could possibly buy some of the huge cardboard Playstation and movie displays. They told me for years they used to just bin them in the skip after the promotion, and then they started only selling them through a contract to a company for an extremely cheap price, so they were viewed as almost worthless.

These displays though may possibly be worth a lot one day when it becomes a 'vintage' piece many years later &/or it becomes collectable and there's a market for it.

It would be an extremely niche market for something this size too, and would require a 'certain' kind of collector.

av6

Jedi Knight
I'm not trying to call you out or anything here, but these things are sent to stores as promotional items from studios and companies free of charge just to push their products. It may have cost them to have made, but the store..... zilch!!!

yoda

Sith Lord
av6 said:
I'm not trying to call you out or anything here, but these things are sent to stores as promotional items from studios and companies free of charge just to push their products. It may have cost them to have made, but the store..... zilch!!!

I thought that also, are you sure your figure of £2000 was correct Alex? It does sound a lot for a store to pay for a display that was only used for a week you said.
Also Alex you said Disney gave instruction to destroy after the promotional week was over. I'm sure its fine but just remember you now have it up for sale on a public forum.

Triggs

Hi again everyone, the only figures I have listed are the figures we were told by our supervisors. Like I said I don't claim to know the true value which is why it's been helpful for me to gain some feedback from you all as you have the best knowledge of what I'm dealing with here. unknown territory for me. So going off all the feedback I've received I think I may be some way off! So thanks people

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom