Header image

star wars tri - logo amanaman. Spanish pbp moc.. afa 80!

Sell your collectables here. Vintage (1977-1985) Star Wars toys only please - use the 'General Sales' forum for selling modern and non-Star Wars items.
subzero
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: star wars tri - logo amanaman. Spanish pbp moc.. afa 80!

Postby subzero » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:55 am

laurencedyer wrote:
subzero wrote:
ScruffyLookingNH wrote:Oh dear. Take £839, deduct 13.4% for fees and you're left with.....£726.

I'm only sorry you didn't lose more on it :D

Sadly, the only real winner here is eBay (including PayPal) who have made over £200 on this being flipped. You've sucked that money out of collector's pockets. If ever the similarity to a leech was more obvious.....

Actually I think the maximum fees ebay charge for a single transaction is £60, so he would have got £779 before paypal fees are taken off.

So unfortunately he's made more on it. :(

So if my memory serves me correctly it has been sold 4 time's on eBay over the last 2 - 3 year's. I don't believe Eric (seller 3) acquired it from eBay but I may have missed a listing.

1. I first saw it for sale on eBay (don't remember when, possibly 14 or 15) at £799 bin price (I assume it achieved this).
2. It was then listed within a month with a £999 bin price which sold reasonably quickly again.
3. April 17 was listed by Eric the Plague for circa £1500 make an offer (tried to buy it then). Then eventually listed as auction and achieved the value posted on the first page, circa £750.
4. Has achieved £839 if the final bid can be believed.

The thing with this item is that it is genuinely a hard to find piece, I have only seen 6 examples of this item on all formats available and I have only seen 3 for sale of these which I was lucky enough to aquire one so I do hope that it was a true final price that was realised and it went to a deserving collector.

Unfortunately with the tactics previously seen by the vendor I fear not.

Let's hope he just liquidated his cashflow and someone deserving acquired it.

True, lets just hope at least in that way that something good has come out of this div selling it, and a collector will now be very happy with receiving it, like you say if the top bid is genuine.
Chavs are easily startled, but they will soon be back, and in greater numbers

ScruffyLookingNH
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby ScruffyLookingNH » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:35 pm

subzero wrote:
ScruffyLookingNH wrote:Oh dear. Take £839, deduct 13.4% for fees and you're left with.....£726.

Sadly, the only real winner here is eBay (including PayPal) who have made over £200 on this being flipped. You've sucked that money out of collector's pockets. If ever the similarity to a leech was more obvious.....

Actually I think the maximum fees ebay charge for a single transaction is £60, so he would have got £779 before paypal fees are taken off.

It used to be £40, then £75 and then they upped it to a whopping £250 back in 2014. He lost out here unless he had it on a promo FVF listing.

subzero
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby subzero » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:45 am

ScruffyLookingNH wrote:
subzero wrote:

It used to be £40, then £75 and then they upped it to a whopping £250 back in 2014. He lost out here unless he had it on a promo FVF listing.

Whaat?.. I didn't know that, that's just pure greed plain and simple!

Great that this seller lost out though. :)
Chavs are easily startled, but they will soon be back, and in greater numbers

sparkysx
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby sparkysx » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:00 pm

so he will of paid £87 ish on this plus paypal. They capped the fee's at £250 so anything over £2500 you still pay £250. What annoys me most about ebay is them charging fee's on postage under the guise that you offer the buyer free postage, but then also saying that you aren't allowed to add the fee's to the postage cost on top! (which I do anyway!)

Off to list a vintage Tamiya now! :oops:

ScruffyLookingNH
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby ScruffyLookingNH » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:36 pm

sparkysx wrote:so he will of paid £87 ish on this plus paypal. They capped the fee's at £250 so anything over £2500 you still pay £250. What annoys me most about ebay is them charging fee's on postage under the guise that you offer the buyer free postage, but then also saying that you aren't allowed to add the fee's to the postage cost on top! (which I do anyway!)

:lol:

I was going to go on a mini-rant about the postage fee, too, but then lost the will to live. Thanks for doing it for me :D Totally agree, a disgusting habit by eBay. They will put the greed into greedy-arse-dicks, don't they? I charge 10% on-top of regular postage charges to take that into account. To hell with that rule. I didn't even know it existed. It's unenforceable anyway as you may charge for packaging so who's to say what's a fee and what's a a packaging charge?

SAVORY100
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby SAVORY100 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:46 pm

sparkysx wrote:so he will of paid £87 ish on this plus paypal. They capped the fee's at £250 so anything over £2500 you still pay £250. What annoys me most about ebay is them charging fee's on postage under the guise that you offer the buyer free postage, but then also saying that you aren't allowed to add the fee's to the postage cost on top! (which I do anyway!)

As an aside, my brother is collecting vintage Tamiya RC, by all means PM me with what you’re selling...
On the hunt for items for my Han Original big head / pinhead focus

WANTS LIST

HAN SOLO FOCUS

CUSTOMS SHOWCASE

Return to “Star Wars Items for Sale”