Header image

Princess leia autograph

Sell your collectables here. Vintage (1977-1985) Star Wars toys only please - use the 'General Sales' forum for selling modern and non-Star Wars items.
Grant_C
Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Princess leia autograph

Postby Grant_C » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:05 pm

shrek wrote:Nice to know when you get stung and robbed everyone can have a laugh at that person's misfortune. It might not seem a lot to some but we haven't all got lots of money to spare and some of us have to save hard and do without to try and get a collection together. I'm down what is to me a bit of money and that is no going to put a major halt to any collecting I can do for a while.

Mate, its a lesson learnt. But do some research if your going to buy stuff like this. Look what a google search has brought up.

If your going to buy autographs, either get them first hand for a reputable seller. :wink:

Dorsetmark
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Dorsetmark » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:09 am

shrek wrote:Nice to know when you get stung and robbed everyone can have a laugh at that person's misfortune. It might not seem a lot to some but we haven't all got lots of money to spare and some of us have to save hard and do without to try and get a collection together. I'm down what is to me a bit of money and that is no going to put a major halt to any collecting I can do for a while.

No offence your trying to sell it on to one of us

_Lee_
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby _Lee_ » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:55 am

No one is laughing mate. Autographs are a minefield and are probably the most forged thing collecting wise. A big part of the problem is new collectors coming in and not doing research. Trust me, you don't need to know much about autos to know that Fisher is fake, it s possibly the worst example I've ever seen in my years collecting graphs.its got absolutely nothing right. When the new movies were mentioned more and more fakes flood the market purely because some people want the 'in' autographs right away and get stung. I've seen examples of autographs where there are only a handful in existence ( Maurice Bush -Dengar ) comes to mind. People will not show such pieces online because of the danger of fraud/replicated pieces. I own a Jack Purvis on a non Star Wars photo, rare as rocking horse white in itself but anything SW related you are talking thousands. Even I need help with authentication sometimes, although I know enough about 95% of common graphs some do leave me stumped.

Its a learning curve bud.
Vintage toys ,prop and autograph collector and Luton Town FC supporter.
Also try to play guitar with the guy in my avatar as an inspiration!
JASON BECKER STILL THE BEST EVER AND STILL HERE DESPITE A.L.S.

_Lee_
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby _Lee_ » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:56 am

Dorsetmark wrote:

No offence your trying to sell it on to one of us

He wasn't aware it was fake and did ask that first in all fairness.
Vintage toys ,prop and autograph collector and Luton Town FC supporter.
Also try to play guitar with the guy in my avatar as an inspiration!
JASON BECKER STILL THE BEST EVER AND STILL HERE DESPITE A.L.S.

ScruffyLookingNH
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby ScruffyLookingNH » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:47 pm

Shrek, no one is laughing at your misfortune, mate, and certainly not everyone. They're laughing at the item and the creator of the item. You had some words of smpathy from a number of people but have chosen to take the banter to heart. This is the internet, humour happens even in much darker situations than this. Have you had it long? I take it you didn't pay by Credit Card or PayPal? CCs you can claim back for up to 12 months without any problem at all and PP have now extended cover to 6 months after payment.

Good advice from Grant and Lee, both have plenty of experience in the autographs world, Lee in particular.

_Lee_ wrote:He wasn't aware it was fake and did ask that first in all fairness.

Only when prompted, mate. But like you said, he had no idea it was a duffer and there was no dishonesty involved.

pmsbull
Regular
Regular

Postby pmsbull » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:53 am

Worse fake ever seen
FEEDBACK : most of my feedback is on Rebel Scum http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1110792/
FEEDBACK : there is also some here on SWFUK viewtopic.php?f=22&t=23247

Return to “Star Wars Items for Sale”