Minty loose set of complete figures

spencerjb22

Jedi Knight
Evenining all,

I have decided to sell my collection and move it on to people who currently collect and will make good use of it. I've been a collector since the mid 90s and a member of this forum for many years on and off. I'm not an active collector antlymroe and life priorities have changed.

I have yet to look at prices but wanted to give you a head heads up as would prefer to sell to forum members than on ebay. I am not looking for eBay top prices howecer will not be giving them away, so a fair deal for all.

I would much prefer to sell in batch and sooner not sell in singe items (unless its a pricier figure)

About the figures... This is a really nice set, a lot of them taken off damaged cards, or baggies or sourced several times to get the best I could. These are minty and as good as you're likely to get. Stiff limbs, unplayed with condition and original weapons and accessories... All have been dip tested etc and a lot of these sources before repro was even a mainstream issue.

I have attached a few quick snaps so you get the idea of what's there but it's pretty much all there.. Blue snag, pin head, full set of l17 etc.

I will start to have a look at prices over the coming days but happy for anyone to contact me in the meantime via here or 07473925711. More than happy for anyone to come and see them in the flesh as based in Nottingham.

Attachments

• 20180227_115944.jpg
    20180227_115944.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 1,507
  • 20180227_115940.jpg
    20180227_115940.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 1,505
  • 20180227_115936.jpg
    20180227_115936.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 1,506
  • 20180227_115932.jpg
    20180227_115932.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 1,500
  • 20180227_115925.jpg
    20180227_115925.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 1,501

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
It's a real shame you've decided to sell up but on the other hand somebody will have lucked in because there's some fantastic looking figures there. Would be interested in Blue Snag if you decide to split the lot up. Whatever happens though, good luck with the sale.

poncho

Grand Master
spencerjb22 said:
About the figures... This is a really nice set, a lot of them taken off damaged cards, or baggies or sourced several times to get the best I could.

damaged cards or baggies :cry:

still its done now

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
poncho said:
spencerjb22 said:
About the figures... This is a really nice set, a lot of them taken off damaged cards, or baggies or sourced several times to get the best I could.

still its done now

I winced too when I saw that but the seller said he'd been collecting since the 90's and those sort of practices were pretty common back then.

poncho

Grand Master
Clarkspie&chips said:
poncho said:
spencerjb22 said:

still its done now

I winced too when I saw that but the seller said he'd been collecting since the 90's and those sort of practices were pretty common back then.

it was indeed common practise back then. at least he was honest and its nice set i hope it finds a new home where they will cherished as did he for them

spencerjb22

Jedi Knight
thanks for all of the interest shown over the past 24 hours, I've reached an agreement with a buyer who I've dealt with on this forum in the past and agreed a sale.

thanks again.

Dark vador

Padawan
It goes against all the principles of the forum, I mean why bother having rules :roll:
I registered my interests, I was not given a price or an opportunity to buy...classic behind doors bidding war ??

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Dark vador said:
It goes against all the principles of the forum, I mean why bother having rules :roll:
I registered my interests, I was not given a price or an opportunity to buy...classic behind doors bidding war ??

I agree, this does not look good :(

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
I agree, but I am still a little confused about what is meant to happen when a valuation is asked for and you would like to buy said item.
It was discussed a while ago, that seemed to work for a while and now it's reverted back to a "free for all" again.
I have been very interested in a MOC that's on here for valuation, I have not approached the person, but feel that if I don't someone else will.
I am not a lover of rules, but feel there needs to be firm guide lines that we all agree and abide by on this subject.

choffialoopa

Padawan
This does look like a sale that could occur on a random FB site. (meant in its worst sense)
1) Seller gets hijacked by a buyer and most likely won't get what he deserves.
2) Rules are deliberate broken to please the few rather that the members.
3) Especially cringeworthy when it is a wholesale collection as there is a slim to no chance that they will all fit in a collection. --> Ebay/Jabba etc.

I too pondered on the vintage valuation --> sneaky PM sales potential and has come to the exact same reasoning as Mini99 as that kind of action would lead us down the slippery road. An even worse road, because having a corrupt sales platform disguised as a "safe haven" is worse than having a corrupt sales platform.

I am not the admin here, and I much love all the other aspects of this wonderful site. :)
And as some of us foreshadow these coming years will swarm with wholesale collections. 40ish+ men settling in with other priorities with sales driven by the much higher prices.

So some kind of stand is needed by the host /admins

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom