Header image

Minty loose set of complete figures

Sell your collectables here. Vintage (1977-1985) Star Wars toys only please - use the 'General Sales' forum for selling modern and non-Star Wars items.
Dark vador
Regular
Regular

Re: Minty loose set of complete figures

Postby Dark vador » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:09 am

It goes against all the principles of the forum, I mean why bother having rules :roll:
I registered my interests, I was not given a price or an opportunity to buy...classic behind doors bidding war ??

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:42 am

Dark vador wrote:It goes against all the principles of the forum, I mean why bother having rules :roll:
I registered my interests, I was not given a price or an opportunity to buy...classic behind doors bidding war ??

I agree, this does not look good :(

Mini99
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Mini99 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:16 am

I agree, but I am still a little confused about what is meant to happen when a valuation is asked for and you would like to buy said item.
It was discussed a while ago, that seemed to work for a while and now it's reverted back to a "free for all" again.
I have been very interested in a MOC that's on here for valuation, I have not approached the person, but feel that if I don't someone else will.
I am not a lover of rules, but feel there needs to be firm guide lines that we all agree and abide by on this subject.

choffialoopa
Regular
Regular

Postby choffialoopa » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:09 am

This does look like a sale that could occur on a random FB site. (meant in its worst sense)
1) Seller gets hijacked by a buyer and most likely won't get what he deserves.
2) Rules are deliberate broken to please the few rather that the members.
3) Especially cringeworthy when it is a wholesale collection as there is a slim to no chance that they will all fit in a collection. --> Ebay/Jabba etc.

I too pondered on the vintage valuation --> sneaky PM sales potential and has come to the exact same reasoning as Mini99 as that kind of action would lead us down the slippery road. An even worse road, because having a corrupt sales platform disguised as a "safe haven" is worse than having a corrupt sales platform.

I am not the admin here, and I much love all the other aspects of this wonderful site. :)
And as some of us foreshadow these coming years will swarm with wholesale collections. 40ish+ men settling in with other priorities with sales driven by the much higher prices.

So some kind of stand is needed by the host /admins

indianawars
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby indianawars » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:41 am

I do agree that all of this should have been more open and the rules followed.

Robstyley
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Robstyley » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:24 pm

Yep agreed, a collector/dealer buying the whole set via pm and selling them on individually for a huge profit (but that’s ok cos they’re just selling on a few bits n bobs to fund their collection). The op’s come on with photos of a complete mint set saying he’s intending to sell on the forum, not actually listed with prices. Then not given anyone the chance to buy any and said I’ve sold the whole lot. Shit!

Lindo
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Lindo » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:16 pm

should have a new section named "don't want to name a price so pm me with offers"
Looking for POTF moc's pm me if you have any for sale

momike
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby momike » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:18 pm

Piss poor form imo

Return to “Star Wars Items for Sale”