Vintage Prototypes For Sale

David Tree

Jedi Master
Giving the UK a crack at these before opening them up to the wider market.

I need to free up space so will be selling off surplus to make room for something else. I have no pictures at the moment, but will get some up in a short while.

These are all genuine prototypes, priced to sell and a lot harder/ rarer to pick up compared to some of the prices people are currently paying for run of the mill carded pieces.

Loose First Shots.
Production First Shot Prototypes lacking copyright dates/ COO, complete.

Luke Endor £220
SW097.jpg

SW098.jpg

MTV-7 £75
SW085.jpg

SW086.jpg

SW087.jpg

Loose Unproduced Unpainted Ewoks Series II Paploo First Shot £600
SW101.jpg

SW102.jpg

Loose Engineering Samples
Final Production piece prototypes for engineering sign-off

Princess Leia £150
SW088.jpg

SW089.jpg

Stormtrooper £130
SW092.jpg

SW093.jpg

SW094.jpg

Any questions, don't be shy 8)

Dave.

David Tree

Jedi Master
I need to take pics of most, but here are some old ones featuring the AT-ST Driver and the Luke Poncho:

IMG_0691.jpg

the UDE Paploo:

DSCN0462.jpg

First Shot MTV-7 on right (Uzay on left which is boxed and am open open to offers)

DSCN0449.jpg

Engineering Samples:

DSCN1554.jpg

David Tree

Jedi Master
jayjedi said:
great stall 8)

burnsy said:
Hiya Dave,

Did you manage to shift any of these at the weekend at the show??

The Luke went within about half an hour of opening to a French collector.

There was a lot of interest in the Yak and the UDE Paploo.
I think they mostly caught people off guard as they're not the sort of thing you ever get to see in person at a show. One guy said he thought he'd never see any Unproduced Toys face to face, let alone handle one.

If anything I think a few people are quickly trying to reorganise their collections to raise funds to accomodate them, which will be great as I would rather see them go to good homes rather than ebay.

Dave.

David Tree

Jedi Master
Fair question 8)

For those who haven't met me or dealt with me in the past, I've been involved in the hobby as a trader for over 10 years and as a collector for a lot longer. At one point I ran a company called ultimart, which advertisied the inside front cover of the Star Wars magazine and Model & Collectors Mart etc. As a result of the trading and being a collector too, I've been very fortunate to build several strong relationships with other collectors and traders, helping them find pieces for their collections and visa versa. I'm a great believer in Collecting Kharma and it does work. In various capacities I have been involved with the Star Wars community either with providing content for news websites, but more recently associated as a sponsor for the UK Medallion at Celebration Europe and researching and pulling together The Palitoy Archive exhibit for the event.

My first prototype was purchased around 98, which was the small Luke X-Wing coin which I bought from Modellers Loft, however my real interest in certain pieces did not really begin until around 2000 when I started collecting Micro Prototypes, the first of which came from a huge ebay sale of Micro Prototypes that was fielded by The Earth. It was an amazing set of auctions, most of which I have never seen for sale since. Although for 5 years, my focus was on completing a set of unproduced Micros, I also picked up several other vintage pieces when offered directly by friends and associates and through work within Product Design, built good relationships within Hasbro which created interest in modern era of collectables too.

At the same time, I was picking up spares of Micros for trades, the irony of that is that it took 5 years to complete a set, however within a month of that, I managed to complete a second set, which is the only set to my knowledge to be offered for sale in the UK.

Knowing the sources of the pieces (and in addition seeing what else is being offered at the same time) I have no doubt to ever question the integrity of their legitimacy. Each one comes with either the original COA, or one created by myself detailing the history and linage of ownership before me, which will allow anyone to ask others if in any doubt.

I hope that helps, some members here got to see some of these pieces at Earls Court the other week, whilst others like Dom (if he ever bothered to turn up for moderating :lol: ) have been round and seen some of the wider collection which I'm keeping hold of.

If anyone has any questions or is looking to learn more, feel free to ask, I'm always happy to help where I can :D

Dave.

warrachuppin

Padawan
Hi Dave

Thanks for the info on how you have moved through collecting, it was very interesting.

I was speaking to a mutual friend of your a few weeks ago and it wasnt until this thread I actually saw some of your pieces.

Could you just tell me if the piece next to Luke in the cabinet, it that a 4-UP Micro Blue Harvest Piece?

Thanks Daz

David Tree

Jedi Master
Hey Daz,

that Snowtrooper is a real beauty and often mistaken as a Blue Harvest 4-up. Although it uses the same materials and process as the Blue Harvest pieces, it is actually a 2-up hardcopy of the unproduced Snowtrooper from the Kenner Action Masters line (the difference being as mentioned in another thread on this forum, is that the process was used for prototyping by Kenners early 90's toys).

The line was due to have two additional figures released on single card blisters, Chewbacca (probably from the six pack) and the Snowtrooper, but the line was cancelled in favour of launching POTFII range (although the Action Masters did get rereleased for that line too).

I've never seen one a 1:1 painted, but am sure there must be one or two out there 8)

Hope that helps,
Dave.

warrachuppin

Padawan
Hi Dave

That is one cool looking piece, I love the 2-UPS/4-UPS, it s even better being unproduced.

I hope you come across a 1:1 oneday, I am sure there will be one lurking in a collection somewhere :)

Thanks for taking the time to explain this to me.

Take care, Daz

SWSCOUT

Youngling
David Tree said:
Prices lowered before they hit the main forums

Hi Dave,

would love to get the sample Farmboy for my farmboy focus if it's (still) for sale.
Also have FS's for trade.

Thanks
Ben

Bwanito

Youngling
Hi David,

Do you have some micro unproduced prototypes to sell (unpainted, gold, painted, 4-up) ?

Thanks.

David Tree

Jedi Master
Bwanito said:
Hi David,

Do you have some micro unproduced prototypes to sell (unpainted, gold, painted, 4-up) ?

Thanks.

I have, but can't remember what I have off the top of my head. I think there is a Luke from the Bacta Tank, 2-1B and then Chewie and 3PO from the Bespin Torture Chamber.

Other than that I think there is an alternative sculpt of Luke Bespin from the Gantry set.

hope that helps,
Dave.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom