For sale c3po 12 back palitoy afa 85 A back archival

Dark vador

Padawan
Screenshot_2018-07-17-11-33-45.png

For sale I offer a 12 back A back palitoy c3po unpunched clear bubble no sticker in archival casing
Price is £1200 shipped in the uk cheap price compared to every other that as been on sale here forums and facebook.
I Don t know how to post pictures but anyone wanting to buy message me you email and I'll send photos,this is listed elsewhere .thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-07-17-11-33-35.png
    Screenshot_2018-07-17-11-33-35.png
    105.6 KB · Views: 1,233
  • Screenshot_2018-07-17-11-33-40.png
    Screenshot_2018-07-17-11-33-40.png
    80.6 KB · Views: 1,236

Dark vador

Padawan
Well I cannot believe it is not sold yet this is listed in a few other places now and I m aiming to sell this tonight
Crazy price 1020 shipped in the uk first come first served.

subzero

Sith Lord
Dark vador said:
Well I cannot believe it is not sold yet this is listed in a few other places now and I m aiming to sell this tonight
Crazy price 1020 shipped in the uk first come first served.

You can't believe it didn't sell after 2 hours from listing it? :lol:

Stunning piece though good luck with the sale.

Dark vador

Padawan
Lol I see yes you are right.
I mean a lot are on sale and selling for 1400 1450 1250 1395 etc etc so mine is cheap compared to those that why I expected it to be snapped up.
If it Doesn t get snapped up for this price 1020 shipped I ll keep it.

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Dark vador said:
I mean a lot are on sale and selling for 1400 1450 1250 1395 etc etc so mine is cheap compared to those that why I expected it to be snapped up.

Yeah, but all the ones on ebay at that price and around the 1100 mark are unsold. IF you look at vectis, ones in similar condition have sold at the start of the year for prices ranging from £500-£700 + fees.

Jason

Darkest_Logic

Jedi Knight
mr_palitoy said:
Dark vador said:

Yeah, but all the ones on ebay at that price and around the 1100 mark are unsold. IF you look at vectis, ones in similar condition have sold at the start of the year for prices ranging from £500-£700 + fees.

Jason

I agree with Jason :).

Dark vador

Padawan
All I see on ebay right now is one ungraded with a big sticker at the bottom for 1250
And another ungraded for 1595
I paid 1200 for mine so I m taking a hit
So I m selling at a loss as I was supposed to do a trade with him for a humanoid but that deal didn't t happen
If it Doesn t sell no worries.but from what I have seen in the last year or so this is cheap.

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Dark vador said:
Ungraded ones not A back

A grade chaser may pay more for an AFA'd one. It's also a coffin though and prevents safe postage. There's really no premium between 12A and 12B releases on Palitoy 12 backs in my experience.

Jason

Dark vador

Padawan
Well I surely can agree but some collectors out there chase the A back more then the B back as the A back is a true first wave first release and therefore a little rarer, I recall you bought 6 of them of me a few years ago but in them days there was no distinction on the type a b ir c etc but collecting has evolved we keep learning everyday.
Also some palitoy 12 back c 3po have been on offer here too and all dearer in comparison for the 85 grade wether it's ukg or afa.
I just wish I did the deal for the humanoid that I need...now I m trying to recoup some funds.surely you can understand as most of us have been in a similar position at one point or another.

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Dark vador said:
Well I surely can agree but some collectors out there chase the A back more then the B back as the A back is a true first wave first release and therefore a little rarer, I recall you bought 6 of them of me a few years ago but in them days there was no distinction on the type a b ir c etc but collecting has evolved we keep learning everyday.
Also some palitoy 12 back c 3po have been on offer here too and all dearer in comparison for the 85 grade wether it's ukg or afa.
I just wish I did the deal for the humanoid that I need...now I m trying to recoup some funds.surely you can understand as most of us have been in a similar position at one point or another.

Hey, small world. That was my first big deal for palitoy MOCs and there were 7 of them. Including my palitoy 12c stormie.

Debut card collectors may be after a 12A card more than a 12B but there arent many of those. And for a full run of 12 backs you need a mixed 12A/12B run anyway as Han is on 12A only and jawa/dsc are on 12B.

Good luck with your sale.

Jason

Dark vador

Padawan
Yes thanks Jason a little luck wouldn t arm me right now.
Yes that was a cracking deal back then imagine now...
I recall when I sold my set full run I got just under 10k for it all
In there was a few rare tings like meccano yoda on rotj card meccano dsc leia ben tri yak tri luke storm to name but a few including first 12 palitoy and most 20 back palitoys including that palitoy harbert hybrid snaggletooth never seen that one again ...
Alas the good old days.

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Dark vador said:
Yes thanks Jason a little luck wouldn t arm me right now.
Yes that was a cracking deal back then imagine now...
I recall when I sold my set full run I got just under 10k for it all
In there was a few rare tings like meccano yoda on rotj card meccano dsc leia ben tri yak tri luke storm to name but a few including first 12 palitoy and most 20 back palitoys including that palitoy harbert hybrid snaggletooth never seen that one again ...
Alas the good old days.

I started my 12 back run with a 12A Vader the wife found in The Cinema Store which cost me £125.
I then got an R2D2 for about £250.
Then in your deal I got Jawa, Stormie, DSC, R2D2, Vader, C3PO and Sandpeople. It was about £250-300 a card, £1900 in all.
Then I got a Ben for about £500.
Then on the eve of Celebration Europe 1, I got Luke, Leia, Han and Chewie from a sale of all 12 for about £450 a card.

So all in, £4200 for the first 12!

This was back in 2006/2007 for those wondering about those prices!

As you say, the good old days.

Oh, and I paid you by cheque. Just found the email chain in gmail. lol

:D

Jason

Burto

Padawan
One of the most common 12 backs, and if you want one, you can easily buy one.

Remember getting my afa 90 for £460 all those years ago......

Attachments

• DSC_0164.jpg
    DSC_0164.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 584

Darkest_Logic

Jedi Knight
Burto said:
One of the most common 12 backs, and if you want one, you can easily buy one.

Remember getting my afa 90 for £460 all those years ago......

wow, great piece you got there :).

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom