Archived Re: Trip logo Luke stormtrooper ukg80 carded Sold

Status
Not open for further replies.

80s_collector

Padawan
Tri logo Luke stormtrooper carded figure ukg80
Cash on delivery or Paypal plus 4% or buyer can pay by credit or debit card over the phone.
Price £800

Any questions please on me.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 617
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 616
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 618

scooternick

Jedi Knight
How is a 90/80/90 an 80 overall? Doesn't make sense to me. Can someone explain UKG system please?

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Darkest_Logic said:
tempting but want one which is 85 grade.... good luck with the sale
Are there any 85's around?
I should think that you will be lucky to pick a TL up better than this due the the bubbles?
Happy to be proved wrong?

Darkest_Logic

Jedi Knight
Mini99 said:
Darkest_Logic said:
I should think that you will be lucky to pick a TL up better than this due the the bubbles?

yes, I have seen a few 85/85/85 ones :)

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Darkest_Logic said:
Mini99 said:
Darkest_Logic said:

yes, I have seen a few 85/85/85 ones :)
Great, enjoy the hunt for one.
Looking forward to seeing pictures when you do get one.

MarkG

Jedi Master
scooternick said:
How is a 90/80/90 an 80 overall? Doesn't make sense to me. Can someone explain UKG system please?

Same as AFA,,, they will always use the lower grade as the main grade. You could have a bubble at 70, a figure at 90 and the card at 40... overall grade 40.. You'd think they'd take an average of the 3, but no.

Lindo

Sith Lord
seen the same subgrades on carded figures with an overall different grade, now that's confusing

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Lindo said:
seen the same subgrades on carded figures with an overall different grade, now that's confusing
Now, that's what I thought.

80s_collector

Padawan
Darkest_Logic said:

Many thanks, yes looking at the sub grades, I did wonder why it only got an 80 overall, as this one is a lovely example in many ways.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
MarkG said:
scooternick said:

Same as AFA,,, they will always use the lower grade as the main grade. You could have a bubble at 70, a figure at 90 and the card at 40... overall grade 40.. You'd think they'd take an average of the 3, but no.
That doesn't always ring true...this seller has a lovley Fett for sale which is graded 80 85 85 and has overall grade of 85.
So surly if this was the case this should be a 90?
Very confusing!

Taffius

Sith Lord
Mini99 said:
MarkG said:
scooternick said:

So surly if this was the case this should be a 90?
Very confusing!

Or 85 / 88? :D :?:

lejackal

Grand Master
The 80 was probably a rounded up 79 rather than a rounded down 82 would be my guess

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
MarkG said:
Same as AFA,,, they will always use the lower grade as the main grade.

Unless Brians Toys send it in, and then they'll use the highest. There definitely are graded figures that don't use the lowest grade as the overall grade, eg this one:

s-l1600.jpg

subzero

Sith Lord
MarkG said:
scooternick said:

Omg that's ridiculous, iv'e never paid attention to the subgrades before so I always just thought it was an average.

Mind... boggled! :roll:

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
edd_jedi said:
MarkG said:
Same as AFA,,, they will always use the lower grade as the main grade.

Unless Brians Toys send it in, and then they'll use the highest. There definitely are graded figures that don't use the lowest grade as the overall grade, eg this one:

s-l1600.jpg
Even if you took the average of the three scores that should be a 75!

r2isamale

Padawan
I always wondered why Luke storm is heavily built when all other lukes are slim jims? Luke storm is more butch than a stormtrooper. Was he designed during a Kenner company party!?

jayums

Jedi Master
Hmmm... it's almost as if the 'grading system' is utter nonsense :shock: :lol:

Good luck with sale btw, it's a beaut irrespective of grades. 8)

jayums

Jedi Master
r2isamale said:
I always wondered why Luke storm is heavily built when all other lukes are slim jims? Luke storm is more butch than a stormtrooper. Was he designed during a Kenner company party!?

By the time ROTJ came out a lot of action figures at from other lines were becoming more muscle-bound and cartoonish.

It really bugged me at the time as I preferred the early figures which had more realistic human proportions - I never got into the POTF muscle-bound figures as they didn't seen to fit with the other figures when I played with them together, at least not in my child imagination (i was obviously a bit of an odd kid :))!!

I remember being very suspicious of the POTF line in my local shop as they didn't look right to me. But I did get the Luke stormtrooper as it was just a great idea, even if not brilliantly executed IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom