Header image

Genuine Vintage Blaster's ?

Post links to your own or other people's Ebay auctions. It is fine to discuss live auctions, but DO NOT post links to closed auctions for at least 7 days after the listing ends. See sales forum rules for details.
Stubbs
Regular
Regular

Genuine Vintage Blaster's ?

Postby Stubbs » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:56 pm

Guy's

What are your thoughts on these blaster's please http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Original-Impe ... SwILFZr~FD

many thanks

Stubbs

ScruffyLookingNH
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Re: Genuine Vintage Blaster's ?

Postby ScruffyLookingNH » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:35 pm

That sale stinks. Not sure without hunting them down but they look like the new batch of floating fakes that have been slightly roughed up. Parts of them are pristine clean and other parts have mud on :lol:

Just tried to check on TIG but it's having issues. I wouldn't touch these with a barge pole. They're all an identical mould but in two different colours. Given the number of mould variations I find this unlikely for 5 to end up in one batch. And all retrieved from the garden, too, apparently :roll:

sparkysx
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby sparkysx » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:45 pm

agreed, they look ruffed up on purpose, too much flashing aswell.

aussiejames
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby aussiejames » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:43 am

It is always best to ask via a picture not a link to a live auction listing. They are all real

Stubbs
Regular
Regular

Postby Stubbs » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:56 am

Interesting mixed opinions on these reproduction weapons are becoming very convincing.

subzero
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby subzero » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:11 am

From what I can gather, the 3 bottom blasters if they're solid black then they're fake, they look identical to V4 blasters but the V4 was never in solid black.

If they're actually blue/black however then i'd say they're real blasters, the V4 also came in translucent green just like the top 2 blasters, problem with that pic though is I can't tell if they're translucent or solid.
Chavs are easily startled, but they will soon be back, and in greater numbers

Capetown
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby Capetown » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:38 pm

I would trust AJ's opinion in this guys.

aussiejames
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby aussiejames » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:56 pm

Do not assume a blaster is fake if they seem solid black. The 'new reproductions' maybe causing an unnecessary hysteria- remember when the Toy Toni scandal broke?- 'all' Palitoy were suddenly fake....

subzero
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby subzero » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:51 pm

aussiejames wrote:Do not assume a blaster is fake if they seem solid black. The 'new reproductions' maybe causing an unnecessary hysteria- remember when the Toy Toni scandal broke?- 'all' Palitoy were suddenly fake....

According to the TIG site only the V1 was solid black, so my logic is if it's solid black and it's not a V1 then it's fake.

TheJabbaWookie
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby TheJabbaWookie » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:11 pm

aussiejames wrote:It is always best to ask via a picture not a link to a live auction listing. They are all real

Agree with AJ and subzero. You're looking at 5 x v4 blasters. Haven't seen any repros with that profile before. The version 4 cropped up in a recent thread and often throws people because it's so angular, shiny and so damned Repro looking.

The blue / black version often looks shiny solid black until placed in front of a backlight. That's why you often see it sold with the Luke Stormie instead of the v1c solid black.
’Twas brillig, and the slithy toves, Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves, And the mome raths outgrabe...
--------------------------------------------------------
Stop your Jibba-Jabba you Big Walking Carpet

aussiejames
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby aussiejames » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:33 am

subzero wrote:
aussiejames wrote:Do not assume a blaster is fake if they seem solid black. The 'new reproductions' maybe causing an unnecessary hysteria- remember when the Toy Toni scandal broke?- 'all' Palitoy were suddenly fake....

According to the TIG site only the V1 was solid black, so my logic is if it's solid black and it's not a V1 then it's fake.

I understand that logic, TIG tries really hard to list all known authentic & reproduction weapons & accessories. But that is not always possible. Only deem something fake if it matches a known fake exactly.

subzero
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby subzero » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:48 am

aussiejames wrote:
subzero wrote:

I understand that logic, TIG tries really hard to list all known authentic & reproduction weapons & accessories. But that is not always possible. Only deem something fake if it matches a known fake exactly.

Ahh I understand, I thought TIG had info on every known weapon.

But the only thing with that logic then means the new lot of Leia blasters shouldn't have been deemed fake because it wasn't matched with any other known fake lol, iv'e read several people believing they could have easily been real but everybody is just basically following TIG's opinion, which could possibly be wrong.

Man this is confusing :?

lejackal
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby lejackal » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:16 am

subzero wrote:
aussiejames wrote:
subzero wrote:

But the only thing with that logic then means the new lot of Leia blasters shouldn't have been deemed fake because it wasn't matched with any other known fake lol, iv'e read several people believing they could have easily been real but everybody is just basically following TIG's opinion, which could possibly be wrong.

Given how much Palitoy overstock has been on the market for 20-30 years it is incredibly unlikely (although not impossible) that a brand new "find" with a never before seen mold has just turned up at the same time as those blasters which were previously £10 are now considered £50 items. From my limited knowledge all of the legitimate overstock weapons that have been found to date have been of existing known mold types and there are examples in peoples collections, on MOCs and or in baggies

subzero
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby subzero » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:56 am

lejackal wrote:
subzero wrote:
aussiejames wrote:I understand that logic, TIG tries really hard to list all known authentic & reproduction weapons & accessories. But that is not always possible. Only deem something fake if it matches a known fake exactly.

Given how much Palitoy overstock has been on the market for 20-30 years it is incredibly unlikely (although not impossible) that a brand new "find" with a never before seen mold has just turned up at the same time as those blasters which were previously £10 are now considered £50 items. From my limited knowledge all of the legitimate overstock weapons that have been found to date have been of existing known mold types and there are examples in peoples collections, on MOCs and or in baggies

So it basically comes down to weighing up all the evidence from all the documented real and repro blasters then deciding how 'likely' a weapon is to be original.

So although a new find 'could' be genuine the chances are so low it's considered fake.

lejackal
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby lejackal » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:02 pm

subzero wrote:So it basically comes down to weighing up all the evidence from all the documented real and repro blasters then deciding how 'likely' a weapon is to be original.

So although a new find 'could' be genuine the chances are so low it's considered fake.

How else would you propose that they approach it?

Return to “Ebay Listings”