Header image

Is it fake ?

Post links to your own or other people's Ebay auctions. It is fine to discuss live auctions, but DO NOT post links to closed auctions for at least 7 days after the listing ends. See sales forum rules for details.
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Is it fake ?

Postby Pomse2001 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:57 pm

Hi guys did any of you see this acbar for sale a few months ago, what do you think is it a production error or fake ? :?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STAR-WARS-LILI- ... true&rt=nc

Snaketibe
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Re: Is it fake ?

Postby Snaketibe » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:40 pm

It's hard to say, but my best guess / opinion is that it's probably real and not fake. Whether it's a legit variation or just due to discolouration of either the paint or plastic beneath the paint, is difficult to say. However, if there was a running change in the colour of paint used for the arms, I suppose it's possible a similar situation to the HK COO Klaatus may have arisen where both shades of red colour arms were available simultaneously for a time during production, leading to the possibility of a 'mixed arms' variant being made. Who knows? It's an interesting figure regardless :-)

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:29 pm

Snaketibe wrote:It's hard to say, but my best guess / opinion is that it's probably real and not fake. Whether it's a legit variation or just due to discolouration of either the paint or plastic beneath the paint, is difficult to say. However, if there was a running change in the colour of paint used for the arms, I suppose it's possible a similar situation to the HK COO Klaatus may have arisen where both shades of red colour arms were available simultaneously for a time during production, leading to the possibility of a 'mixed arms' variant being made. Who knows? It's an interesting figure regardless :-)

I have never seen an ackbar before with 2 different arms so I thought maybe it was fake. But then again we see something all the time that we have not seen before :lol: I just thought maybe others have seen such a variant before if it is real then there must me more of them ? :?

Snaketibe
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Snaketibe » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:57 pm

Pomse2001 wrote:
Snaketibe wrote:It's hard to say, but my best guess / opinion is that it's probably real and not fake. Whether it's a legit variation or just due to discolouration of either the paint or plastic beneath the paint, is difficult to say. However, if there was a running change in the colour of paint used for the arms, I suppose it's possible a similar situation to the HK COO Klaatus may have arisen where both shades of red colour arms were available simultaneously for a time during production, leading to the possibility of a 'mixed arms' variant being made. Who knows? It's an interesting figure regardless :-)

I have never seen an ackbar before with 2 different arms so I thought maybe it was fake. But then again we see something all the time that we have not seen before :lol: I just thought maybe others have seen such a variant before if it is real then there must me more of them ? :?

If it is a real variant, hopefully someone out there reading this thread might also own one and can confirm it? :)

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:22 pm

Snaketibe wrote:
Pomse2001 wrote:

If it is a real variant, hopefully someone out there reading this thread might also own one and can confirm it? :)

I agree, when I found in a childhood lot an emperor with 2 left legs or was it 2 right legs :? then a few other members could confirm that the error was real and that they have seen it before. But never heard about the ackbar with 2 different arms :?

Return to “Ebay Listings”