Header image

Erm... Ben?

Post links to your own or other people's Ebay auctions. It is fine to discuss live auctions, but DO NOT post links to closed auctions for at least 7 days after the listing ends. See sales forum rules for details.
Snaketibe
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Erm... Ben?

Postby Snaketibe » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:54 pm

subzero
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: Erm... Ben?

Postby subzero » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:16 pm

Snaketibe wrote:I give you.... Obi-Wan Kenobi:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Star ... 2893249312

"I am selling all my Star Wars toys from my childhood"

Sorry kid, mommy & daddy lied to you and bought you a cheaper toy and pretended it was Obi Wan, your childhood is a lie. :lol:
You don't own your toys, you only borrow them until you sell them or die!

Mr-shifter
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby Mr-shifter » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:51 pm

Ha. You guys shouldn’t laugh. That there figure has a lot more Star Wars history then you could possibly give it credit for.

That is a fisher price adventure people space commander. They were released before Star Wars, but were the pioneer of the 4” action figure whilst almost everything else was made in 12” scale, a la action man.

Without that range, there would be NO 4” Star Wars figures. These are the reason Kenner chose the size they chose for the action figure range.

Plus the adventure people were used as a basis for some very very early Star Wars prototypes. Ever heard the term “kit bashed”

Know your history guys ;)

http://theswca.com/index.php?action=disp_item&item_id=48959
WANTED: The following speederbikes. I would like them boxed but open and complete. I need:

Meccano stickered bike
Pbp stickered bilogo
Danish stickered bilogo
Special offer uk bilogo

apack7229
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby apack7229 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:52 pm

It must be one of the pre production prototypes that Kenner made using the adventure people. :lol: But only true avid fans would know such things. :lol:
My Fett Showcase viewtopic.php?f=2&t=33548

My Vintage Showcase viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34130

My Cardback Showcase viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34270

apack7229
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby apack7229 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:53 pm

Mr-shifter wrote:Ha. You guys shouldn’t laugh. That there figure has a lot more Star Wars history then you could possibly give it credit for.

That is a fisher price adventure people space commander. They were released before Star Wars, but were the pioneer of the 4” action figure whilst almost everything else was made in 12” scale, a la action man.

Without that range, there would be NO 4” Star Wars figures. These are the reason Kenner chose the size they chose for the action figure range.

Plus the adventure people were used as a basis for some very very early Star Wars prototypes. Ever heard the term “kit bashed”

Slightly to slow typing and you beat me. :lol:
My Fett Showcase viewtopic.php?f=2&t=33548

My Vintage Showcase viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34130

My Cardback Showcase viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34270

lejackal
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby lejackal » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:59 pm

apack7229 wrote:
Mr-shifter wrote:Ha. You guys shouldn’t laugh. That there figure has a lot more Star Wars history then you could possibly give it credit for.

Slightly to slow typing and you beat me. :lol:

Get a sharpie and you’ve got yourself a kit bashed engineering Pilot right there :lol:

subzero
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby subzero » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:32 pm

If I set it on fire and melt it I also have a cool paper weight. :lol:

Snaketibe
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Snaketibe » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:34 pm

Thank you for the history lesson, which is genuinely interesting to learn :-)

HOWEVER... whilst I have heard the term 'kit bashed' before, I've also heard the term 'ignorant seller' ;-)

choffialoopa
Regular
Regular

Postby choffialoopa » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:05 pm

The Netflix “toys that made us” has a decent air time of this topic

Robstyley
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Robstyley » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:26 am

Mr-shifter wrote:Without that range, there would be NO 4” Star Wars figures. These are the reason Kenner chose the size they chose for the action figure range.

I don’t think that’s the only reason Ben. I read they opted for 3 3/4’ scale because they wanted to make ships and playsets therefore the figures would have to be small to go with them. I also heard it was the CEO of Kenner who ultimately decided the size of the whole range by setting the size of Luke FB and everything else was scaled to him.

stormcab
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby stormcab » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:58 pm

When are we gonna be able to have a comments section on eBay so we can just put "What the actual fuck" under listings :D

subzero
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby subzero » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:46 pm

stormcab wrote:When are we gonna be able to have a comments section on eBay so we can just put "What the actual fuck" under listings :D

Oooh now I could really have some fun with that feature. :lol:

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:50 am

:lol:

Return to “Ebay Listings”