Header image

VCJ?

Post links to your own or other people's Ebay auctions. It is fine to discuss live auctions, but DO NOT post links to closed auctions for at least 7 days after the listing ends. See sales forum rules for details.
subzero
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Re: VCJ?

Postby subzero » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:47 pm

Snaketibe wrote:Avoid this like the plague, would be my advice. Definitely a cut-down Kenobi cape, I'm afraid :-(

:lol: Thanks, I needed a good 'wake up' slap by everyone on here, I can get a bit carried away sometimes hoping for that cool find.
You don't own your toys, you only borrow them until you sell them or die!

StarWarsFan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby StarWarsFan » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:23 pm

stratpack wrote:Not sure without close ups. My hunch is a Ben cape - but I'm a cynic!

A "VC" jawa finished yesterday for 400 odd quid with no close up photos and nothing that would give it credence - a lot of money to take a punt. :o

Isn't that the one that had a rip at the arm hole?

StarWarsFan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby StarWarsFan » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:24 pm

Snaketibe wrote:Avoid this like the plague, would be my advice. Definitely a cut-down Kenobi cape, I'm afraid :-(

Agree it looks it.

stratpack
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby stratpack » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:36 pm

StarWarsFan wrote:
stratpack wrote:Not sure without close ups. My hunch is a Ben cape - but I'm a cynic!

A "VC" jawa finished yesterday for 400 odd quid with no close up photos and nothing that would give it credence - a lot of money to take a punt. :o

Thats right, the guy claimed it had just happened when he took the photos for the listing. No close up photos of the cape or the pattern - 469 quid! :shock:
It didn't look very genuine to me!

I'd stick a link on but its against house rules to put up links for recently completed auctions. You can find it through recently completed auctions in Ebays advanced search function though. :wink:
Battle-damage stickers should be peelable!

My feedback thread:-
http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=22986

StarWarsFan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby StarWarsFan » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:38 pm

stratpack wrote:
StarWarsFan wrote:

Thats right, the guy claimed it had just happened when he took the photos for the listing. No close up photos of the cape or the pattern - 469 quid! :shock:
It didn't look very genuine to me!

I'd stick a link on but its against house rules to put up links for recently completed auctions. You can find it through recently completed auctions in Ebays advanced search function though. :wink:

My mate put a small bid on it. Was shocked by the winning bid madness.

tigerham
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby tigerham » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:24 am

See, the thing with this colour is it's either a Ben cape OR it has a possibility of being a TT VCJ as I've had in the past. But, saying that, in this case the cape seems to be too long plus at a glance the actual figure does not have the discolouring (i.e. faded legs and spots) that a TT VCJ normally has.

toltoys-esb-vcjawa-2.jpg
toltoys-esb-vcjawa-2.jpg (19.05 KiB) Viewed 94 times

Here are the Jawa's I used to have for comparison...

J1049x623-17487.jpg
J1049x623-17487.jpg (81.57 KiB) Viewed 94 times

subzero
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby subzero » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:38 am

tigerham wrote:See, the thing with this colour is it's either a Ben cape OR it has a possibility of being a TT VCJ as I've had in the past. But, saying that, in this case the cape seems to be too long plus at a glance the actual figure does not have the discolouring (i.e. faded legs and spots) that a TT VCJ normally has.

toltoys-esb-vcjawa-2.jpg

Here are the Jawa's I used to have for comparison...

J1049x623-17487.jpg

That was a sweet Jawa collection you had there, that's something iv'e recently read about with the discolouring and spots, so something to def keep in mind and look for if I ever see others for sale. Thanks!

tigerham
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby tigerham » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:41 am

Thanks subzero. One day I'll get them again for sure but focusing on other things right now. At one time I had six VCJ's and a TT one. I wanted to get an army of them like this photoshopped image I did, lol...

J984x497-31115.jpg
J984x497-31115.jpg (197.72 KiB) Viewed 90 times

subzero
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby subzero » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:51 am

tigerham wrote:Thanks subzero. One day I'll get them again for sure but focusing on other things right now. At one time I had six VCJ's and a TT one. I wanted to get an army of them like this photoshopped image I did, lol...

J984x497-31115.jpg

:lol: Now that would be class!

tigerham
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby tigerham » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:53 am

subzero wrote:
tigerham wrote:Thanks subzero. One day I'll get them again for sure but focusing on other things right now. At one time I had six VCJ's and a TT one. I wanted to get an army of them like this photoshopped image I did, lol...

J984x497-31115.jpg

:lol: Now that would be class!

:wink:

Return to “Ebay Listings”