ebay advice

subzero

Sith Lord
pizzathehutt said:
subzero said:
pizzathehutt said:
well 2 auctions sold no problems

the other 3 have been disasters....

1) my old ipad sold and then the buyer emailed saying 'oops sorry I didn't know but my wife was also bidding on another ipad so we are buying that one now, please cancel this order' ??

2) I sold a watch that I don't wear anymore that went for peanuts, the winning bidder is in Puerto rico and the shipping is more that the watch :lol: he still hasn't paid yet and I doubt he will

3) the camera again :roll: I retracted those silly bids and blocked anyone with less than 5 feedbacks from selling, some woman up north won but hasn't paid and wont respond to my emails?

what do I do now? do I contact ebay? can I leave negative feedback for buyers?

he'res me 5 years later an seller who was banned from selling and now that I'm allowed to sell again its going horribly wrong

any advice would be greatly appreciated

thanks
Andrew

Wow, sorry to hear it's gone so bad. Well for starters to be fair ebay shouldn't punish you for anything this time as you've done nothing wrong, it's the buyers responsibility to pay up.

If you go into your ebay 'site preferences' you'll be best off turning on your 'unpaid item assistant' ( if you haven't done so already ), set it so it opens a non-payment case on your behalf automatically after however long you choose ( I set it to 2 days ). Then if payment is not made after 48hrs the buyer then has another 48hrs to pay up and if they don't it will close in your favour and you get your seller fees back etc, and you can relist the item then.

However if you change this setting right now then I don't think this will apply to the items you've already sold, so you will have to open and close your cases manually for those ones. But any future non-bidders will be met with your unpaid item assistant and you won't have to chase things up yourself. :)

FYI, sellers can't leave negative any more only positive ( I know, it's ridiculous ), and also since you're trying to keep your account in good standing don't risk leaving bad comments in the positive feedback such as "non payer" or any other similar negative comments, as that's now against ebay policy and could get you in trouble.

Thanks for clearing all of this up for me, i'll make those changes you suggested

it probably didn't help me selling stuff during half term

No probs, yeah it usually doesn't help during holidays when people are distracted and a bit skint, I usually never list an auction ending on or around a holiday because if it's gonna go dirt cheap it'll be on those times. Then to top it off if winning bidders are suddenly skint when the auction ends they're more likely to ignore the sale afterwards and blank the seller.

Hope you get it all sorted anyway.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom