POTF Nikto on e-bay

Bramistuta25

Sith Lord
Hi guys,

This is for sale on e-bay...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/280808708946?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Most of you have probably seen this listed, but I am pretty sure its a good re-card?

Any thoughts?

Cheers,

Bram

itfciain

Grand Master
I was talking about this one with Chris yesterday,

I can see what you mean - especially with the position of the coin. I also like the fact that it was bought 'on a con' !

The price suggests that some people at least think it is more than just a repro but having never seen one in the flesh then maybe one of our POTF chaps would like to comment ?

- if it is real then you might just have outed an auction as well - good job this isn't RS !

Bramistuta25

Sith Lord
itfciain said:
I was talking about this one with Chris yesterday,

I can see what you mean - especially with the position of the coin. I also like the fact that it was bought 'on a con' !

The price suggests that some people at least think it is more than just a repro but having never seen one in the flesh then maybe one of our POTF chaps would like to comment ?

- if it is real then you might just have outed an auction as well - good job this isn't RS !

Not sure what outed an auction means matey?

Have I done something wrong? If so, I apologise... Just wanted to know the score with the figure?

I did like that comment about being on a con too... Had to re-read it several times!!

Cheers,

Bram

P.S I do apologise if I've upset anyone?!

Bramistuta25

Sith Lord
Dark Sith Lord said:
:lol: :lol:

If you are not sure Bram its when you post a link to an open auction on to a forum

Sorry boys,

I thought this was the e-bay lsitings part? Not sure why it would affect anything?

Could you explain in lamens terms for me?

Cheers,

Bram

P.S Liam, can you shed some light?

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Its just if a member here is bidding on an item you post a link to it can spoil it for that member, as then everyone knows & we could end up bidding against one another, which would be a little futile, must say I looked at that one & am undecided as I just don't know enough about them POTF cards or any other carded for that matter :lol:

Bramistuta25

Sith Lord
Frunkstar said:
Its just if a member here is bidding on an item you post a link to it can spoil it for that member, as then everyone knows & we could end up bidding against one another, which would be a little futile, must say I looked at that one & am undecided as I just don't know enough about them POTF cards or any other carded for that matter :lol:

Oh.... Okay. Thanks. I think I am probably safe from 'outing' this auction as a NIKTO on POTF MINT doesn't come up hardly ever and am sure you super sleuths have all seen it advertised. I'd be very surprised if you hadn't.

I have taken this under advisement, it's locked in the memory banks and shall never be repeated.

Cheers guys and apologies again!

Bram

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
Hey Bram. Its generally accepted on here mate and dont worry you have posted it in the right section :)

Franks bang on really :)

Its against forum rules on RS tho - http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9806

e30318is

Sith Lord
Fake.

For starters its IMPOSSIBLE to find a POTF Nikto, let alone one with a clear bubble.

An AFA 85Y would be a 3.5k item, a clear one would be fetching enough for a brand new car :shock:
Check this out, a genuine example:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-Vintage-POTF-Nikto-92-Back-AFA-80Y-/400122361676

Other ways to tell its fake are the bubble are wrong size and shape, the name plate "Nikto" is missing the small tm as well as the text at the bottom is the wrong font, the picture alignment is out- the photo is too far up, the black margin is too wide on the right hand side around the photo and lastly ( :lol: ) the seal looks awful.

Someone is going to be pissed.

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
I concur with many of the comments already made. It's fake and a pretty terrible one at that.

Maybe there should be a worlds worst fake thread?

PGowdy

Grand Master
Good work guys. I have reported it too.
If ebay don't remove it the buyer, once he leaves feedback, needs to be contacted. ONe way or another this seller (and ebay) are not getting any money out of this.

PGowdy

Grand Master
Bramistuta25 said:
Frunkstar said:
Reported by me!

I tried but they said that there was nothing wrong with the listing!!

Ridiculous.

F'kin money grabbers!

How did you contact them??
When i have contacted them they have never replied. They either remove the listing or not. Di you call them?
I never know how to call or write to them as they make it very difficult to find their contact details.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom