Header image

ONE POST WONDER SELLING! PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU LIST ITEMS.

Post links to your own or other people's Ebay auctions. It is fine to discuss live auctions, but DO NOT post links to closed auctions for at least 7 days after the listing ends. See sales forum rules for details.
PGowdy
Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: ONE POST WONDER SELLING! PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU LIST ITE

Postby PGowdy » Sun May 20, 2012 11:12 am

I don't think a poster would get to 10 pointless "count raising" posts before they were banned. Half the one post wonders we get seem to be people who don't realise they're doing anything wrong. This method would put an end to that. We'll always get spam whatever happens but with this rule you'll get less people coming on just to post a one off sale or ebay link. Plenty of other sites do it and it works for them.
I don't actually see a problem with people being able to read those threads in fact i can't see a good reason to block "browsers" and non members seeing what we have for sale but they just shouldn't be able to start a thread in those sections.
For what it's worth i also have no problem with one off valuation threads. I think that's half the reason that section is there and it really doesn't happen that often.
Former forum member.

Frunkstar
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Frunkstar » Sun May 20, 2012 11:12 am

Round em up put em in a field & bomb the bastards!

If there's a bright spark to the center of the galaxy, we're on the planet it's furthest from.

weasel
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby weasel » Sun May 20, 2012 12:01 pm

I did suggest to Edd that we send all newbies a list of forum rules and etiquette as well as a link to the how to post pictures thread.

I think we'll end up drafting a document/email to send to newbies and take it from there. Will have a think about it and may well post it on here so you guys can make suggestions/rip it apart.
"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought!"

TC-14
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby TC-14 » Wed May 22, 2013 8:40 pm

Good evening all,

I have read your misgivings and understand your concerns. As I would possibly count myself as a 'one post wonder', being a somewhat lapsed Star Wars fanatic these past 25 years, having being hooked right from the start back in '77... I thought it best to introduce myself first before I made my request!

I'm Martin, and I've been a fan of Star Wars from the age of 7 when it burst onto the big screen almost to the day, 36 years ago. Obsessed from the word go, I made collecting of any related paraphernalia my obsession. Much of what I had saved my pocket money for was passed on to my nephews as they became old enough to enjoy them... subsequently, most of that was cleared out over the years as they didn't realise the value.

However, I did keep a few choice items back, and it is these that I wish to make you aware of now, should any of your members be interested:

This evening I have listed on eBay the program for the European Royal Charity Premiere of The Empire Strikes Back which was held at the Odeon, Leicester Square on Tuesday 20th May 1980. Also up for auction in a separate lot is my ticket for this event, which I attended with my mother at the tender age of 10 years old. What a night that was!

With your permission, I would be grateful if you would allow me to post a link on this site to these auction items, as I would obviously like them to go to an appreciative home.

I will look forward to hearing your thoughts on this matter, whoever gets to read my rambling post!

Warm regards,
Martin
In my ignorance, I have discovered my hastily chosen username is described as being 'of female personality'. Marvellous.

My Feedback viewtopic.php?f=22&t=16162

Capetown
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby Capetown » Fri May 24, 2013 11:18 am

You're welcome to sell your stuff here Martin. Welcome to the forum. 8)

And maybe your time here will rekindle the flame. :wink:

TC-14
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby TC-14 » Fri May 24, 2013 12:50 pm

Many thanks for the warm welcome, capetown- very much appreciated :D ...and I have to admit, any spare time I have had over the last few days has been spent getting acquainted with the original Palitoy action figures et al... I can feel myself getting drawn in once again, like a moth to a flame!

Here are the links to my two listings:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/-/111079216045?roken=W58usN

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/-/111079241920?roken=oJ5U8t

I'm guessing items like these don't come up very often as I couldn't find anything comparable on the internet to ascertain their value. So for that reason I decided to set them off on a 10 day auction and let interested parties do their bidding.

Thanks again for allowing me to post these links, as I mentioned earlier, I would like them to go to an apprciative home. I will let you know how I got on come auction end...
In my ignorance, I have discovered my hastily chosen username is described as being 'of female personality'. Marvellous.

Capetown
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby Capetown » Fri May 24, 2013 6:42 pm

Good luck Martin,

You'll have a better chance to get some attention for your items if you start a new thread though! :)

Grant_C
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Grant_C » Fri May 24, 2013 6:45 pm

Don't say that- im watching them.... :? :P

TC-14
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby TC-14 » Fri May 24, 2013 7:38 pm

Aha, thanks for the nod Capetown, I am rather new to this forum malarkey :oops:

And Maulster79, I will try to keep my new thread low key. 'Mum's the word', and all that :wink:

Thanks again!

day123
New User
New User

Postby day123 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:40 pm

hi i am also new to the forum hoping to sell items and make new friends along the way and create new threads

Bossco29
New User
New User

Postby Bossco29 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:08 am

I've just done this very same thing and then read this thread. My mistake!! Don't be too harsh on me, I'm still learning the ways.

Selestarius
New User
New User

Postby Selestarius » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:08 pm

Well looks like I've made the classic mistake of not reading the forum rules before Posting >.> --- I've been a lurker for a couple of months now (only just made an account today) so does that redeem me for the 'one post wonder' thread?

JuniorChubb
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby JuniorChubb » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:53 am

Selestarius wrote:Well looks like I've made the classic mistake of not reading the forum rules before Posting >.> --- I've been a lurker for a couple of months now (only just made an account today) so does that redeem me for the 'one post wonder' thread?

Contribute to the forum and make more than one post maybe? :wink:
I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to make me believe there's one all-powerful Force controlling everything...

Selestarius
New User
New User

Postby Selestarius » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:24 pm

JuniorChubb wrote:
Selestarius wrote:Well looks like I've made the classic mistake of not reading the forum rules before Posting >.> --- I've been a lurker for a couple of months now (only just made an account today) so does that redeem me for the 'one post wonder' thread?

Yeh.. I realised that after I posted :p In my defence... erm.... ......

JuniorChubb
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby JuniorChubb » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:27 pm

Selestarius wrote:
JuniorChubb wrote:

Yeh.. I realised that after I posted :p In my defence... erm.... ......

Looks like you are well on your way now :D
I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to make me believe there's one all-powerful Force controlling everything...

Return to “Ebay Listings”