weird display frame..

poncho

Grand Master
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Star-Wars-Death-Star-Droid-R5D4-framed-illuminated-/190812820437?pt=UK_ToysGames_ActionFigures_ActionFigures_JN&hash=item2c6d5493d5

is this cool or pointless :? .......im unsure

mumbo

Sith Lord
I think it looks good but wouldn't necessarily display my own figures in that way, far too expensive Imo. Would probably use a different colour for the border but I think the way the figures are illuminated is pretty cool 8)

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
I agree coolISH. but not cool enough to part with cash
No one seems to be bidding on them

Be a nice centre piece for any one working on a figure focus I.e. yoda focus then one with yoda framed and illuminated
Bit quirky though

Or to freak out the Mrs and replace a few family photos around the house ! That would go down well....not!

8bitaaron

Padawan
I did a similar thing when I first got into collecting, i just moved into a new house and the bare walls needed a little something! Here's what I did, apologies for the poor picture, I also did a yoda one.

d0f9b3c4d8516a0b8aab2ea2c2e7a91f_zpsfc0ee42b.jpg

Stormtrooper37

Sith Lord
ponchobelt said:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Star-Wars-Death-Star-Droid-R5D4-framed-illuminated-/190812820437?pt=UK_ToysGames_ActionFigures_ActionFigures_JN&hash=item2c6d5493d5

is this cool or pointless :? .......im unsure

No takers and I'm not surprised at that price.

Dublinjeff

Grand Master
I had seen these alright...thought they looked good but a little pricey. agree that it might be a nice Focus piece but I fear that they have just given people ideas to do it themselves?

CBGB

Padawan
8bitaaron said:
I did a similar thing when I first got into collecting, i just moved into a new house and the bare walls needed a little something! Here's what I did, apologies for the poor picture, I also did a yoda one.

d0f9b3c4d8516a0b8aab2ea2c2e7a91f_zpsfc0ee42b.jpg

That looks super cool! Can I ask how you suspended them so they appear to be floating? I would like todo something similar.

PIGCITY

Sith Lord
Errrr may be going out a limb here but I think they may have a sticky pad or something on their back. :? :? :?

BlueDog

Sith Lord
Fishing line threaded into their arm joints and tied behind the backing? If not then Jedi mind trick sounds as good as any.

8bitaaron

Padawan
yeah you got it pigcity, just double sided sticky pads. I'm afraid my Jedi mind tricks aren't quite up to that level yet!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom