beware....

gustie

Sith Lord
just to let u know guys.... if ur bidding off anyone with the username emina_1 on ebay, be careful as they list figures with repro weapons with out actually mentioning the fact that the weapon is repro....
i bid on summat and thought it was original (prolly my own fault for not asking) but still.... its good to be honest isnt it

item number 220128604896

his description reads -

GRAB THIS FIGURE OF LEIA WITH WEAPON ,VINTAGE STAR WARS.. HAPPY BIDDING!!!!!!!! .Check out my other items!

i asked him about another item and he told me the gun was repro, then it made me question the one i won off him so i asked about that one - he replied repro.

since i thought it was real from his description i asked for a refund (in a non arsey way)

his reply was....

sorry the item is already sent. u shouldnt have bought it if you wernt sure

not sure?!?!?! his description was tilted at "vintage"!

would u guys give him negative feedback??? im sure he would counter it with some old bullshit blaming me for the negative... gaining me a negative.....

or would u think ahh well its only Ã'£3 luckily and leave it there......

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
For Ã'£3 Gustie, it's hardly worth the hassle, you may well get that back if you re-list the figure.

Whenever I buy loose figures I always look for auctions that expressly say "guaranteed vintage weapon" or "no repro." Otherwise I assume the weapon is repro. There are too many sellers out there who pass off weapons as legit when they are repro, or who try to make an extra few quid by making their descriptions deliberately ambiguous.
Saying that, unfortunately, the first method is still no guarantee of getting a legit weapon!

If you really wanna Neg him wait until the last min of the last day to leave feedback and that way he won't be able to neg you back!

gustie

Sith Lord
how long is that then???

like u say... not worth the hassle.... one a good note tho it appears to be the "green neck" leia version lol. i only bid for the weapon.

a relist would probably be less hassle.

i will be more cautious from now on....

the last time i was "caught" was a few years ago, some one sent me a luke farm boy in EXCELLENT condition lol i recieved it with an attempted superglue head fix which had come loose in transit... there was even blue-tac in the torso hole.... CHEEKY CHEEKY lol

i sold it back to ebay in a bulk lot tho with his head besides him

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Something like that I would have kicked up a fuss. I would have contacted Ebay, becuase that is clearly NOT the condition the seller described. :evil:

I think you can leave Feedback up to 90 days after the auction ends, I'm not 100% sure but, it'll tell you somewhere in the feedback thingy.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom