ebay scammer!

gustie

Sith Lord
i bid on an orange caped squid head the other day and lost by loads lol

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vintage-STAR-...ryZ50281QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

i got some dodgy email today....

Hello Dear Buyer ,

I am sorry if i disturbing you, but i want let you know that i am the seller of the item title Vintage STAR WARS // Squidhead V. Rare ORANGE CAPE ,if you are still interested to buy it please make your best offer once you receive this email and please be resonable and we can have a deal. Contact me as soon as possible for more details about closing the transaction at this email: [email protected] !

Waiting for your answer!

Best regards!

&nbsp

i thought this was SUS so i contacted the seller via "ask a question in ebay he said;

Hi, nope, that was definitely a scammer... Sorry, I am not associated with tht person at all...
Please report it to eBay if possible...
Thanks!
Eric ebay name maelkos_baggins (safe ebayer not the scammer)

DODGY!!!! BEWARE

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
i had something similar to this when i was selling my laptop. it was bought with the bin price after about 3hours which i thought was a bit quick. i then had an e-mail from the 'buyer' saying could i sent laptop direct to nigeria for her daughter who was studying out there. i knew straight away, sacmmer.

bearing in mind this 'buyer' was from america i e-mailed back asking why they didnt just buy one from america and send it over themselves. they said it was less hassle because of work and cheaper to buy from UK and send direct over there. i e-mailed the ebay account direct and they said their account had been hijacked, not for the first time. i obviously didnt send it as these people send computers over to nigeria where they trawl your hard drive and take any personal or bank details they can find.

it pisses me of that these people cant earn a honest living, but have to prey on people and hope they find one that does actually do what they want. gustie and i could have been robbed of a lot of money!!!! barstads :evil: :evil:

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Had a few fake second chance offers, or people offer me items saying the seller has renaged etc. It's pretty easy to spot someone taking the piss (Phishing etc) I just forward the email to Ebay, or just delete it an ignore.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom