MOC ESB Hoth Leia & Lobot plus AFA 90 4-lom

Jukesy

Sith Lord
Theyre my dads (no hes not German by the way :p ) but he collects medals but hes decided to sell these on, shame really as the second set has all the paperwork realting to one soldier!

Im hoping that they sell and fetch a little bit of money, he forgets about them and i can use the money on SW. :p :eek: :lol:

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
I have a few myself, from years ago. No idea what any of them are worth though. What's your old man think those 3 are worth?

Jukesy

Sith Lord
As the set all awarded to the same solider its very rare and a even rarer screwback 1st class cross so were hoping it would fetch Ã'£250+....

The other cased cross nearer the Ã'£200 i would have thought....

Doesn't sound much compared to some of the Star Wars stuff i buy tho considering these are from between 1914-1918!!

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
True!

Although I guess there aint so many soliders left from WW1, were as us lot all remember the SW stuff from our childhoods!

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
:? I think there are only about a dozen soliders (of any nationality) left who fought in the first world war.

inzaman

Sith Lord
weasel said:
:? I think there are only about a dozen soliders (of any nationality) left who fought in the first world war.
I think you are right, i am hoping that historians are talking to them to document their memories etc.

Jukesy

Sith Lord
Its a shame really that we have to get old :cry: the german soldier that this set belonged too didn't make any more entries after 1917 so we all know what must of happened.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
inzaman said:
weasel said:
I think you are right, i am hoping that historians are talking to them to document their memories etc.

I remember hearing about a historian who started to write a book called "Britain's last Tommies" about the memories etc of the last 20 or so British veterans of WW1 who were still alive. I think in the year between him starting to write the book and finishing it 60% of them died. :?

boba frett

Jedi Master
Jukesy said:
Its a shame really that we have to get old :cry: the german soldier that this set belonged too didn't make any more entries after 1917 so we all know what must of happened.

Well done Captain Mainwaring :lol:

Jukesy

Sith Lord
Right Lobot has been re-listed aswell as AFA90 4-LOM.

If interested please let me know, i need the money to go towards memorial plaques so will cosider reasonable offers. Thanks guys

Jukesy

Sith Lord
If interested please let me know, i need the money to go towards memorial plaques so will cosider reasonable offers. Thanks guys

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom