Trilogo Hoth Stormtrooper

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Thought this might interest some collectors. Certainly made me sit up :eek:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-STAR-WARS-Tri-Logo-Hoth-Stormtrooper-AT-ST-Driver-Miscard-/380946887969?pt=UK_ToysGames_ActionFigures_ActionFigures_JN&hash=item58b2343521

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
Vectis just sold 6 of these. They sold for £50 for a shitter to £120 for a nice example.

I got one for £80. Its not as good as this one granted however I will let anyone who is interested have it for £450 ;)

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Yeah thougt it was a bit pricey :lol: What do you think of the bubble looks different to all my Trilogos. Is yours the same?

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
Not sure if this is a made in Macao or not. The punch/ bubble are the clues here I think. Pretty cool miscard too.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Yeah the figure fits tight into bubble compared to the other ones. Interesting :roll: Still not worth £500 :? :?

Joe

Grand Master
This particular miscard has never been worth £400+ at the best of times, very much wishful thinking on the sellers part and with Vectis recently selling so many of the same combination it's not going to help him get that kind of money for his.

Chris is correct on the card variant, it's a Meccano card as opposed to the Palitoy 70C version (vectis had a few of those) but neither is really rarer than the other, I think I've probably seen as many of each come up for sale now.

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
Awww, so that means mine is not worth £450 then joe? Ok £300 to you ;)

On a serious note, did the vectis ones go cheap and did I get a good price. Bit gutted I didn't go for the rebel commando/rebel commander miscard which went for less than £100 quid.

Problem is you see a lot that went for say £80 and think that's a bargain, I would have paid £90 for that, but you have no idea what the other bidder would have gone to, so it might never have achieved that price.

£100 might seem like a fair price but then add 20% hammer fee, 20% vat to commision, 2% cc charge and 3% for bidding online. A £100 hammer price suddenly becomes £130 and is not such a good deal as it first seemed.

Joe

Grand Master
Haha, well you can try to sell it for £300 - you never know ;) (won't be to me though!! :D)

The funny thing with miscards is that people are forever searching for them in mint condition yet at any point in time they could take a knock and get a nasty bubble crack which of course impacts their value massively. With that said (and I totally understand why people go after C9+ examples) I think it's a little foolish to pay so much for something so fragile and prone to damage, I mean the one on Ebay could devalue £300 or more if it gets f*cked up on the way to it's new owner..it's a big risk to take when you spend that kind of money.

I've always thought that the cooler (but more common) miscard combinations were worth £100-150, even damaged - as long as the figure can't be removed then a crack or two aren't major concerns. When you start talking about miscard combinations that are hard to find (like FX/Snowie or just totally random ones like the recent Yoda/Logray) then prices can quickly escalate to £500+.

What lot number was the RC miscard? He's not as common as the Snowtrooper/AT-ST so under £100 seems like a good price (depending on condition).

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom