...from Spain

jasdev999

Jedi Master
It has become almost a bane of my existence when I do a search on evil bay, who is this guy "from Spain" and he is making making these repros which are selling for anything between £20 tp £50!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KENNER-1977-VINTAGE-HAN-SOLO-BIG-HEAD-ON-STAR-WARS-NEW-HOPE-12-BACK-CARD-MINT-/191257961362?pt=UK_ToysGames_ActionFigures_ActionFigures_JN&hash=item2c87dce392

jasdev999

Jedi Master
£67!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KENNER-1977-VINTAGE-R2D2-KENNER-DROID-ON-STAR-WARS-NEW-HOPE-12-BACK-NICE-DOME-/191257961755?pt=UK_ToysGames_ActionFigures_ActionFigures_JN&hash=item2c87dce51b

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
BListersisters

Well known repro dealer. The problem is its a vicious circle. They produce them, people buy them, gives them money to produce more, people buy them, they make more, people buy them, they make more. You get my drift. Unless everybody stops buying from these dealers, this stuff will continually get produced.

Palifan

Sith Lord
I agree with the above, why does he get such good prices for these and wouldn't a reseal be both cheaper and better than one of these?

x-pack

Grand Master
tiefighterboy said:
The thing I dont get is the prices he gets for this ****. They are not the best looking repros I have ever seen.

Agreed. The cards are all wrong. Wrong size, grainy print quality and the colours are horrible. I guess you could look at that as good in a way. Easy to spot. I have this friend (Steve Smith) who bought a couple a few years back. No idea why. Must have seemed like a good idea at the time :? . The cards are total rubbish and only fit for the bin.

plantman

Sith Lord
getting stressed about repro stuff is now pointless as its so rife, all you can do is enjoy the forums, a safe-haven from these tosspots

plantman

Sith Lord
jasdev999 said:
I do enjoy forums....but doing a sensible search for 12 backs is impossible on Ebay now as most of the stuff is repro s**t

dont forget you can add filters using a - symbol so a search like star wars 12bk with -repro -mounted -on -reseal ect ect will filter out those words in your search.

Andy

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
jasdev999 said:
I do enjoy forums....but doing a sensible search for 12 backs is impossible on Ebay now as most of the stuff is repro s**t

Try looking for vintage boxes...................flooded by u know who. :twisted:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom