Opinion please

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Hello all

I am having a bit of a problem with someone on ebay & wanted you guy's to shed some light if you could please, here is the link to my listing -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280158535102&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123

Now I listed the item as in fairly Good condition & complete with all parts (please read the listing), now the buyer has just contacted me & asked me for his missing box :shock:

Do you think my listing is miss leading in any way?, as from what I can see (have read it 100 times now & the checked the photo) it is clearly loose as the bit of the box in the background is only a "bit" (as you can see in the photo), I only put it there to fill the void.

You views on this would be appreciated, as I don't intend to miss-lead anyone & I did put a link to the listing in this forum a few weeks back.

Its freaking me out a bit, ebay is a strange beast indeed.

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
The box is in the photo and you mention the item is "complete". I'd expect the box to be included too.

Jason

spencerjb22

Jedi Knight
Have to agree really, if i was listing that i would have put "loose" or "box not included in the sale" it's gone for a fair price that you would normally pay for it in a box too.

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Thanks for your input guy's, I thought as it's only a small section of the box pictured that it would be obvious as you can clearly see most of it is missing :?: .

I will have to make any listings clearly marked as loose or boxed in future for clarity or box not included, rather :oops: as it is not my intension to mislead.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Gotta say as well, seeing you didn't say "box not included," that I would probably have suspected the box was included to.
Always best to be crystal clear about what is and isn't included.

Saying that you also don't say "box included" or comment on it's condition so..........

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
I'm going to disagree with everyone !! :lol:

If I was prepared to pay Ã'£122 for several pieces of old cardboard I would have asked if it was fully boxed before bidding !! :wink:

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Frunkstar said:
Thanks for your input guy's, I thought as it's only a small section of the box pictured that it would be obvious as you can clearly see most of it is missing :?: .

I will have to make any listings clearly marked as loose or boxed in future for clarity or box not included, rather :oops: as it is not my intension to mislead.

It's not that obvious from the photo that he box isn't whole due to it's position in the photograph. I'd didn't notice it wasn't all there until you mentioned it!

Jason

PhantomShadow

Jedi Knight
I agree that the auction should have said box not included. In saying that... even though you can't see all the box to know how much is missing my alarm bells would be ringing because you can't see the bottom of the box - that silver border that goes all the way around it is clearly not in the picture at the bottom.

so if I was bidding on that, I would ask about the box before bidding - especially if the box was important to me

han duo

Sith Lord
i would have asked about the box as it looks to be only part of a box.....,, sometimes people bid and win knowing that so they can complain later a get it discounted :twisted: that would piont in that direction on this item as any collector would know about the stated of the box by looking at the photos and if i was spending 100+ then i would want to know about what i was buying and in my opinion he did to ... i would say hes playing you mate

gustie

Sith Lord
what price difference should loose have compared to boxed with this item?

i looked at the "boxes" in the corner and it is hard to tell if its 2 boxes, a box or just a piece of a box.

i always use the drop down menus when selling - the bit where u can put the dates in and drop down to select new/used then with packaging/without packaging/ other - you can easily see before you even get to the sellers description whats what then in my opinion.

im a nightmare on fleabay probably since i ask sooo many questions :) most sellers dont seem to mind tho lol.

and PS frunkstar.... i reckon that stormie will be with me soon!!!

cheers fella ill keep you posted on that one :)

Frunkstar

Grand Master
It was a hurried description :oops: & I will in future clearly list as BOXED or LOOSE for clarity.

& considering the mix of comments it could be interpreted incorrectly, so I have decided to offer the seller a full refund minus postage cost - he should of IMO asked b4 bidding though, as this would have -

A. Saved the buyer a lot of stress
B. Saved me a ton of hassle

I will LYK how it pans out & offer it up here for sale if he returns it :wink:

Thank you ALL for your input.thoughts & views on this it' is appreciated.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom