Is this custom or genuine vintage freak example?

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
My first thought is simple discoloration, look at the torso.
I've seen greyish boots before but never that white on the hair and hands.

It will probably fetch £200 :wink:

Palifan

Sith Lord
I also spotted that one and wondered about it. Maybe if the seller had taken a picture of the coo it would help things? It does in the listing that this figure was like this when they had it as a child but who knows if that story is true.

After seeing what that grey limbed Snow Trooper went for recently 200 GBP is definitely not out of the question :lol:

Ian

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
This seller has had loads of SW for sale over several months, some really rare cool pieces.
I really would take the tale of this being in their childhood collection and being the envy of his mates in the playground with a pinch of salt.
I might be wrong though, but it always helps a sale when you give it some 'history'.

Seems all you have to do these days is make sure you have the word 'PALITOY' in your listing and watch the prices soar. Think it must be the Vectis Fett syndrome.

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Well the paint job with the wear etc does look believable so who knows :!:

Wonder if there is a grey hair example too :lol:

snaggletooth

Jedi Master
Some of these figures really do discolor in strange ways
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t3379-everything-you-always-wanted-to-know-about-discolored-figures-but-were-afraid-to-ask

Palifan

Sith Lord
Nice link and there's a Bespin Luke in there that almost looks like a negative! It does seem like this is just a discoloured figure but is a bit strange if this figure was indeed like this when originally purchased/acquired.

Ian

snaggletooth

Jedi Master
The only way the luke was like that when he was a kid is if he was still playing with it through the 2000's and some one else had stored it really badly for the other 20 years, no idea what you would have to do to cause him to discolour that badly though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom