WTF!!

Pomse2001

Grand Master
They are also for sale on the forum it is f1ycasual who is selling them :wink:

I did not know there was stands with the playset, but is there repro of them and if yes how the **** do we ID them ? :?

Richard_H

Grand Master
I've seen these sell for £20 each. They are often missing in loose sets. As Lars said it is difficult to tell which are genuine and which are repro. I've bought 4 of these from flycasual and they look great to me. There are ways of telling the genuine ones though - perhaps TIG.
I would never buy these from ebay unless they showed signs of aging.

Palifan

Sith Lord
Here's the link link to tell the real ones apart from the repro -

http://www.imperialgunnery.com/vehiclesplaysetsother.htm

The one problem with this link is that the ones Iain sells (itfciain), look closer to the originals as they have no circle around the peg. I have some originals and they do feel different in hand than Iain's ( slightly heavier) and also have a slight texture to them on the bottom when held up at a certain angle in strong light. Another thing is that Iain's have two half circles on the underside ridge that I don't think are present on the originals (been a while since I looked at mine though). Quite difficult to tell from a picture and as mentioned in the TIG link it might be easier to find ones that came with action force.

The price feels about the going rate and these are normally missing from the Palitoy Death Star play set hence the price. As I side note I seem to remember 5 of these coming with the play set but it could have been more.

Ian

itfciain

Grand Master
Yep - Ian has pretty much summed it up - ours are considered repro by some (am not allowed to sell them on TIG) and I appreciate that as they are copy of the original but there are a lot of tell tale signs (as Ian lists) that set ours apart

I think I worried the hell out of AJ when I first started selling them as I actually managed to take a picture of an original stand that I had lying around when I put up my first pictures on eBay

As for the availability / price of these ones - they are sought after and don't turn up that often - you can actually find them in Action Force weapon packs quite cheaply (and its ironic that they don't actually fit the action force figures!) - I guess if there is a market for them like anything else vintage Star Wars then people will pay for them

flycasual

Jedi Master
Vintage stands don't have a circle around the peg and they have 3 partial circles on the rim of the base, not 2.

Palifan

Sith Lord
flycasual said:
Vintage stands don't have a circle around the peg and they have 3 partial circles on the rim of the base, not 2.

I didn't realise they had the partial circle on their base as well but at least they have 3 of them which helps things. I'll have to check mine out.

Ian

Richard_H

Grand Master
Checked my repro stands. They have a circle around the peg and 3 partial circles on the base. The circles on the base are much clearer than the 4 genuine ones I have.

Palifan

Sith Lord
Richard_H said:
Checked my repro stands. They have a circle around the peg and 3 partial circles on the base. The circles on the base are much clearer than the 4 genuine ones I have.

I've also just noticed the same thing with the 3 partial circles so that does make it a little trickier. You're right about them being clearer than the originals though and it might be worth submitting a picture of one of Iain's to TIG to help out.

Ian

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Thanks guys, I am glad to know how to ID them :wink: and thanks for the links :D

How many stands was there in the playset ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom