ebay disputes

Ron

Sith Lord
just wondering if any 1 here has had much to do with ebay and paypal with disputes i just had a case won in my favour but because the seller had only paypal protection of Ã'£150 and what i won was Ã'£220 i was left Ã'£70 out of pocket i have had to open another 2 more disputes since monday for stuff i bought mid december and paided special delivery for and i still have not received them. I have found paypal to be totally ****ing useless when you are trying to reclaim your money

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
I haven't had to open a dispute with anyone (yet) TF.
A good few others on here have though, no doubt they will tell you themselves.

Just like Ebay, Paypal don't really give a **** once they have got their cut! :twisted: :evil:
If you paid by Credit card you may get some help from your CC company.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Feel free to Flame whoever it was who ****ed you about though!

Hopefully save someone else from going down that route!

AndyG

Jedi Knight
If you get no joy with your credit card use the small claims court.

Now available online - https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk

If it was a UK transaction I tend to threaten and then use if required small claims, rather than use paypal. I have used small claims about 3 times for ebay but not used the online service. A small claim strike against you is far more of problem than a paypal account strike.

Overseas transactions you have to go the paypal route.

Ron

Sith Lord
Andy i have never heard of any 1 using a small claim form for a buy of ebay is it good and how long does it take to process

AndyG

Jedi Knight
Online I don't know as I've never done it.

Through the court no quicker than a month but this can depend on legal complications, claims and counter claims. Most people settle out of court anyway, so it rarely goes as far as the hearing.

The website is down for maintenance at the moment but when it is back up there is alot of info on there to help you decide what to do.

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
This time of year there is always a back log of post as the sorting offices are busy sorting out all of Han's parcels from all over the world !! :lol:

mash

Sith Lord
i have only claimed through paypal once and it was for Ã'£12, i won it back, but it took 2 months from opening the dispute to get the money to my account

Ron

Sith Lord
I just had 1 won in my favour still lost out as the seller only had Ã'£150 paypal protection got another 2 open at the moment against other people and some 1 got 1 open against me

spencerjb22

Jedi Knight
I've only had to ever claim twice both very recent, and both won in my favour and full refunds paid out.Haven't really had any issues with paypal ( touch wood )

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom