12 Back Darth Vader white background.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Not seen one of these before. :? Yours if you have a spare $18,000.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-STAR-WARS-12-Back-DARTH-VADER-Rare-White-Background-AFA85-all-85-subs-/281819850134?hash=item419dc5a596

stormcab

Sith Lord
I seriously dislike how he's pushing the price by suggesting Star Wars MOC is a better investment than gold. That will just bring in people who have no interest in Star Wars, just what the best return on their investment would be.

x-pack

Grand Master
'one of only 13 ever graded' - to me that doesn't sound rare enough to justify the price. To be fair i've never heard of one of these before.

Fishtalk

Jedi Knight
It's the Takara alternative sculpt Vader, May be wrong but I think only they came with the white background. Should have the Takara sticker though, maybe it was carefully peeled off or never applied in the first place? And another fail from AFA - they should of identified it as the alternative Vader.

And yeah, the seller is a tool - only in it for the money.

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
I thought these white background vaders were takara. Interesting piece but for $18000 you could get so many one of a kind items instead. That's crazy money. I have seen potf you fair moc ups priced lower.

Grant

Sith Lord
I sold one of these 5 years back for £1500 in the exact same condition. Someone's just peeled of the Takara sticker as its been pointed out. The asking price here for this is ****ING ridiculous... No doubt there will be more and more to come. This seller needs to go drown himself in a pool somewhere pronto. Peace all. 8)

walkie

Sith Lord
It looks like the Takara alt scuplt on my mobile. Crazy price and I've heard that in the early days of collecting some Kenner Snubs didn't like the Takara stickers so they would remove them, doh ?!?!

indianawars

Sith Lord
For that type of money, I'd rather buy a load of other Star Wars pieces than one AFA MOC.
I mean really, because it has a white background - whoop-dee ****in' doo!...

stormcab

Sith Lord
indianawars said:
For that type of money, I'd rather buy a load of other Star Wars pieces than one AFA MOC.
I mean really, because it has a white background - whoop-dee ****in' doo!...

YEAH, so what if your Jawa has a cheap vinyl cape, I ain't paying £10k, when I can buy a quality cloth one for £500 :D

walkie

Sith Lord
steve obi wan said:
I'm sure that's just a takara card with the sticker removed , surprised AFA graded as White Vader !

:shock:

I'm not, and as the pop report shows they've dropped the bollock more then once LOL!!

darth_daddius

Jedi Knight
This is the Japanese version of Vader and will have the 'Japan' COO. There is still some uncertainty about whether some of these made it over to the US without the Takara sticker, but it is the same cardback and figure minus the Takara sticker.

The seller seems to be a deal in a wide range of antiques, and probably is just fishing for the highest price he can get.

Cheers,
Pat

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I collect Kenner MOC's and have a Vader 12 back Takara would never consider peeling the sticker of. I consider them a Kenner varient. :)

walkie

Sith Lord
theforceuk said:
I collect Kenner MOC's and have a Vader 12 back Takara would never consider peeling the sticker of. I consider them a Kenner varient. :)

Just to add a few variants into the mix, there are 3 types of Takara sticker featuring different layouts/text.

There are also some Takara stickered MOC's when have the standard yellow/orange background (see below) which have standard Kenner figures attached to them.

SW12BTakara-Front.jpg

stormcab

Sith Lord
Hahaha, oh my gosh I only just noticed my 12 back Vader is a white background. It never occurred to me this was a thing. Since I took this photo I have had it graded and it got an 80, and it does say "white background" on the AFA sticker. Good to know my Vader is one of the rare ones.

Attachments

• IMG_4468.JPG
    IMG_4468.JPG
    101.9 KB · Views: 475

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
walkie said:
theforceuk said:

Just to add a few variants into the mix, there are 3 types of Takara sticker featuring different layouts/text.

There are also some Takara stickered MOC's when have the standard yellow/orange background (see below) which have standard Kenner figures attached to them.

SW12BTakara-Front.jpg

Great info Walkie I didn't know their were 3 varients, does this only apply to the Vader Takara? I'll get a photo of mine up some time to see which one it is. I'm sure it's just the standard Kenner Vader with the Takara sticker.

That Vader you have Stormcab look's nice, worth about $1800 now. :lol:

walkie

Sith Lord
here's the one of the other sticker variants, the other is harder to spot...

vintage_takara_sw_darth_vader_afa_graded_85_13053189.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom