my son/cat/daughter/wife/husband bought it

naughtyjedi

Sith Lord
Every week now I'm getting the excuse 'my brother / cat / wife / son' bought this item by mistake... I don't want it. Anyone else? Seeing as I'm a business I don't really care, much rather have 'I've changed my mind' rather than blame someone else.

my recent favourite was this one, its quite a specific item (a small laptop screen, the guy made an offer, I accepted.. )

ebay.jpg

itfciain

Grand Master
I regularly get the 'my son/daughter bought this by mistake' line

Had a chap ask for a refund the other day because the weapon wasn't the same as on his Vader case insert (Han Hoth with a Bespin Blaster)

Also had numerous tales of woe - lost job, sickness etc

Not a lot you can do - they won't pay so best to move on

lejackal

Grand Master
the last one I had was when I went to the under bidder because of the first person failing to pay, then got the "I've been in hospital" routine, yet they still managed to bid in the dying seconds of the auction? Must've been a rapid onset of bullshititis

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Must be annoying when this happens, I put in a best offer once for something that was overpriced thinking the seller would never except it and he did! I'm still skint now from that purchase. :lol:

mumbo

Sith Lord
****ing ebay twats :x I couldn't stand the non payers but lying twats they are even worse

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
I feel your pain, Pete. I too have a business (now running down) but still have to put up with the bullshit. Another one a few days ago: used BIN then just didn't pay, then just ignored messages. Absolute pricks. Pisses me off when they change their mind but REALLY pisses me off when they just ignore you after doing so. Will be glad when I can just use ebay for pleasure, rather than business, again.

indianawars

Sith Lord
I've had the, 'a family member has died' excuse several times before. The best one I had was, 'An EX of mine has used my login details and brought a load of stuff using my account as revenge.' Original, but still bullshit as their feedback shows a history of buying Star Wars items.

yoda

Sith Lord
Guys that is mad, I never sold anything before on eBay but i never realised there can be such dicks bidding! I have bought alot over the years from eBay and would never have bid unless I wasn't prepared to pay. But I can't get my head around why someone would waste there time bidding with no intention of paying. That really would fu :) king piss me off as a seller.

x-pack

Grand Master
Yeh but what if it's true! Tight gets! :lol:

No seriously this kind of happened to me the other day. Went out and bought the new Battlefront game and when I got home the wife had bought me a better copy with more whistles and bells on. So now my copy is listed on eBay with a sob story reflecting this :roll:

yoda

Sith Lord
x-pack said:
Yeh but what if it's true! Tight gets! :lol:

No seriously this kind of happened to me the other day. Went out and bought the new Battlefront game and when I got home the wife had bought me a better copy with more whistles and bells on. So now my copy is listed on eBay with a sob story reflecting this :roll:

Yes I do agree in some cases people my be genuine and really don't need the item after winning. As the seller though it must be frustrating when that happens. Would have bought your game myself only I have no console yet :) still undecided between PS and Xbox.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Oh here we go again.....

"I am sorry but my 3 year old daughter accidentally ordered this product whilst playing on my iPad. Is there any chance you could cancel the order? I know the rules but it would be a kind act if you did."

Like I don't know it would be a kind act if I did?

Yes, there is the odd accident. God knows my (4 today year old) is only too happy to try and rack up her mum's Apple Store account with in app purchases. And those I'm only too happy to forgive and forget. What's annoying is that some ****wits just use this as an excuse and weeding them out is impossible :evil:

lejackal

Grand Master
I personally think the toddler market is crying out for more graded Tusken Raiders :lol:

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
Best one I had was a seller. Paid through paypal then got a message from him saying could I send him the cash or a cheque as he was having "problems" receiving money through PP. Contacted both eBay and PP and both confirmed he was lying. Fudging lying basket.

itfciain

Grand Master
Another one today - here is a good idea - don't let your kids near your eBay account

"I'm so so sorry , my son has just logged in to my eBay account and attempted to buy this , luckily I have no credit card attached or else I'd be bankrupt , please cancel the payment if you can I am so so sorry yet again, please message if there is an issue"

rhyfelyser

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Thankfully my experience on selling on ebay has been pleasant but it seems less and less people on ebay are bothering with the feedback form nowadays even though i give glowingly positive feedback to every transaction that deserves it.

Ian_C

Jedi Master
rhyfelyser said:
Thankfully my experience on selling on ebay has been pleasant but it seems less and less people on ebay are bothering with the feedback form nowadays even though i give glowingly positive feedback to every transaction that deserves it.

Feedback has become such a one sided affair that I now only leave feedback after it s left for me. I will gladly leave it, but refuse to pad it for some people while mine stays the same.

Ian

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
Ian_C said:
rhyfelyser said:

Feedback has become such a one sided affair that I now only leave feedback after it s left for me. I will gladly leave it, but refuse to pad it for some people while mine stays the same.

Ian
I'm exactly the same. When I post items out I message people saying I'll leave them feedback once they've left it for me, and even then most people don't bother.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom