My Fake ebay auction

kingshearer

Jedi Master
All,

I've just created a lot under my ebay user entitled ' 12 back Palitoy Star Wars Chewbacca' . Of course I'm not selling this mighty item but have used the auction as a vehicle for getting the message across to uninformed collectors about the faked carded figures which have flooded the market. I've also referred viewers to this website in the hope that they come over and read all the great articles in here. This should allow them to make more informed decisions. If you have any problems with this approach or suggest improvements please let me know.

Ta,
Brian

kingshearer

Jedi Master
Thanks lads, it's only had 29 views but has 2 watchers! It's a 10 day listing and I'll just relist it at the end.

MikeStrange

Padawan
Great idea to inform people of the need for research, be careful though, I created a eBay listing to highlight items I "Wanted to Buy" for my collection. Some idiot from France bidded and won the listing for 99p (with FREE P&P). When I messaged him and tried to cancel the order he demanded I compensated him for getting his hopes up that he'd scored a bargain lol. I ended up with my first Negative Feedback and had to leave him a Positive!!

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
Yer I remember seeing that. Some people never learn never read descriptions or anything. Really annoying I've had people mail me asking if I ship Abroad even though I put in great big letters UK only. Also listed an Amanaman once with a broken arm which had been repaired but in the title broken arm and showed loads of pictures and make it clear in the description some idiot bought it then e-mailed me saying he didn't realise it was broken. Made it clear enough. Some people.

kingshearer

Jedi Master
Yes, that's a good point regarding -ve feedback since ebay will probably not be helpful in reversing any -ve feedback, since they've potentially losing revenue.
I'll heed the warning and stick the '12 back Palitoy Star Wars Chewbacca' on an old account I have, cheers Brian

kingshearer

Jedi Master
Here's a lovely message I got from an ebayer;

"This is just alarmist rubbish. If you can't prove anything, then you are no better than Hitler. Get lost and stop advertising YOUR site"

lejackal

Grand Master
kingshearer said:
Here's a lovely message I got from an ebayer;

"This is just alarmist rubbish. If you can't prove anything, then you are no better than Hitler. Get lost and stop advertising YOUR site"
If he's a seller of crap name and shame

kingshearer

Jedi Master
A couple of idiots have bidded on it and ebay seems to throw an error when I try to cancel their bids.
I'll just add them to me block bidder list and ensure that I end my auction a day before it's due to finish.
I'll probably get a negative off the winning bidder (who know doubt sells fakes) but I'm not too concerned.

kingshearer

Jedi Master
Ebay started to work again and I managed to cancel their bids and add them to my bidder block list. Just in case they bidded in the dying seconds I edited my listing and this might have stopped anyone from bidding so I've got no ebay fees or negative feedback. Phew!
These are the d1ckheads on my block bidders list;
13thpixie, chewbloka, ezra.garcia, gordonbennet, jazzmuk2015, pardeepdhillon46_123, rrai087, uknic-amxcnl

kingshearer

Jedi Master
Had an email off ebay saying I'm breaching their rules by listing something which is not for sale. I presume a faker has reported me.
I can understand ebay doing this because they'll be missing out on the revenue that faking brings in for them! So unless anyone's got any bright ideas I will have to end listing which is a shame since it got alot of views.

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
kingshearer said:
Had an email off ebay saying I'm breaching their rules by listing something which is not for sale. I presume a faker has reported me.
I can understand ebay doing this because they'll be missing out on the revenue that faking brings in for them! So unless anyone's got any bright ideas I will have to end listing which is a shame since it got alot of views.
In addition to the warning make it clear that you're selling a printout of the warning. Then you have something to sell and if someone really is stupid enough to bid on it they get something.

EDIT: Or even better sell an electronic copy, then you don't have to post out anything.

kingshearer

Jedi Master
The problem is that as soon as I sell they will leave negative feedback…The best option I can think of is if about 10 of us on here take turns to list the auction and keep ebay off the scent.
Any volunteers?
And of course the other issue is that some of these fakers may be members here and reading everything we're saying!

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
kingshearer said:
The problem is that as soon as I sell they will leave negative feedback…The best option I can think of is if about 10 of us on here take turns to list the auction and keep ebay off the scent.
Any volunteers?
And of course the other issue is that some of these fakers may be members here and reading everything we're saying!
I understand that's a risk, but you're providing what you've stated in the auction so you should be able to get any negative feedback rescinded,

kingshearer

Jedi Master
peekaygee73 said:
kingshearer said:
Any volunteers?
I understand that's a risk, but you're providing what you've stated in the auction so you should be able to get any negative feedback rescinded,

I've just added the following to the auction "For sale is a digital (via email) copy of the following message which ensures I'm in line with ebay policy."

Nice one thanks!

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
kingshearer said:
peekaygee73 said:
kingshearer said:
Any volunteers?
What I'll do is make it clear that a digital copy of the message is the sale item but always end the auction the day before so I don't have to continually get feedback rescinded. Nice one thanks!
Good plan - good luck with it mate :) :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom