WOW - Big money for loose..!

skywalker

Jedi Master
I know this seller and he is a top guy and always has the most Mint loose figures you can possibly get,, he has had every character over the last 4 or so years I have been buying form him and they are always C9.5 / 10 MINT condition............ Wonder where he get's them..?

Anyway he usually sells on a BIN but his last lot he had on an auction and some of the prices are just WOW..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/vintage-star-wars-Han-Solo-small-Head-C10-Mint-Card-Fresh-Complete-/262245580345?hash=item3d0f0dfe39:g:GBQAAOSwa-dWm7Ft

Darth Vader: £82...!!
Chewbacca: £82...!!
Ben Kenobi: £72...!!
Han Solo: £97....!!

Unbelievable..

sparkysx

Sith Lord
Think this might be the time for me to sell up most of my minters, need to buy a car.

threaders20

Jedi Knight
Hi. I saw his solid dome r2d2 go for £104 Sunday night. It's interesting to note that he listed stuff in the toys and games category and not the collectibles category.
I just wondered if buyers are searching in the toys and games category for vintage starwars stuff and as not many results are coming back, they might be assuming that there's not much about unaware that there is another category for specific vintage starwars?
Might be worthwhile listing in both category's if anyone's thinking of selling :)

andy x-wing pilot

Jedi Knight
I was also watching these having bought some of his in the past. They are always top notch.
£195 for the loose Pop Up R2 was amazing.

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
The last month has been the biggest monetary juggernaut that ive ever seen in vintage collecting.

These prices are getting constant.

I feel our hobby is about to change into something unrecognisable.

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
Some have said that now TFA is out of the way that prices will plateau or maybe a slight decline.

I say no way.

Disney will now have Star Wars on the burn CONSTANTLY, at least for the next few years. That mean loads of new blood coming into the hobby. That means loose sets will be their first priority given MOC prices are going mental too. Certain figures and variants will see a sharp rise in value in the next couple of years. Ungraded VCJ's will be £1000 soon.

I agree Grant, the hobby is changing, for the better in some ways, and not so good in others.

lejackal

Grand Master
I know I don't have as much experience but even in the short time I've collected there has been a big increase in some prices. One thing I think is causing problems is the dick swinging that goes on with collection size and speed of acquisition.

aussiejames

Sith Lord
Whoever bought that "true early bird green bowcaster" got ripped

$_57.jpg

NOT green & there is no such thing as an early bird bowcaster, they come in round & flat trigger guard and many 'colours'

Green:
bluegreen001.jpg

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
Pretty depressing prices. Who's got that sort of money to throw around? It's like everything, the hype will die down in the summer then the market will be flooded with bargains. (I hope?!!) :shock:

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
Darth Bobby said:
Pretty depressing prices. Who's got that sort of money to throw around? It's like everything, the hype will die down in the summer then the market will be flooded with bargains. (I hope?!!) :shock:

Just in time for everyone to start going ape **** for ROGUE ONE.

skywalker

Jedi Master
I would hate to think it was going to be like this and worse from now on,, collecting loose has always been a fun way to get into the hobby or to get back into it after you have had a break, but at those prices I would be deterred to start again I could not justify spending a £1000 on a loose set of the first 12.. :(

Fingers crossed things will go back to some kind normal...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom