Anyone after AT-AT Chin Guns?

robpmarsh

Sith Lord
4 going cheap here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VINTAGE-STAR-WARS-AT-AT-WALKER-Chin-Gun-Spare-/141884975486?hash=item210900e97e:g:QzcAAOSwT5tWF-aq

They look ok....and very clear!

mumbo

Sith Lord
This seller has sold quite a few and uses the same picture every time, I'd be wary about purchasing these as original vintage??

He has sold other pairs that have yellowed but something doesn't sit right with me :? could be wrong though

threaders20

Jedi Knight
The guy has a scrap yard full of at ats :) he has been tinkering with them for years and takes them apart and swaps bits over ect to sell on. He defo will know what price everything is worth and will know all about the repro parts available.
Chances are if something is cheap then it won't be original and I wouldn't have thought that over the last 8 years or so of building at ats he would have ended up with 6 pairs of original chin guns going spare.
That said I could be wrong, but this guy definatly knows if they are original so if they were he would state it clearly. Just my two pence worth :)

aussiejames

Sith Lord
The ebay listing title: "VINTAGE STAR WARS AT-AT WALKER Chin Gun Spare"
The Description : "
1980's At-At walker chin gun clear plastic gun for under the head part operated by the trigger mechanism inside the main body with the bulb. Other spare parts available, legs, base floor, guns, main loading bay shell. Message me. "

My question " Hi, are the chin guns original vintage or reproductions? Stock photo concerns me."

"New message from: pnoel1974 (1,326Red Star)
Hi. Listed as new.not original. Hope that helps."

:roll: :roll:

indianawars

Sith Lord
I've dealt with prats like this before with the poor excuse of, 'you should have asked all questions before buying.' listed as new - not original :shock: Perhaps eBay need to add a new selection, new, used, original.

lejackal

Grand Master
indianawars said:
I've dealt with prats like this before with the poor excuse of, 'you should have asked all questions before buying.' listed as new - not original :shock: Perhaps eBay need to add a new selection, new, used, original.
Nope, just a special cordoned off area that we shall call "cunts corner" :wink:

mumbo

Sith Lord
aussiejames said:
The ebay listing title: "VINTAGE STAR WARS AT-AT WALKER Chin Gun Spare"
The Description : "
1980's At-At walker chin gun clear plastic gun for under the head part operated by the trigger mechanism inside the main body with the bulb. Other spare parts available, legs, base floor, guns, main loading bay shell. Message me. "

My question " Hi, are the chin guns original vintage or reproductions? Stock photo concerns me."

"New message from: pnoel1974 (1,326Red Star)
Hi. Listed as new.not original. Hope that helps."

:roll: :roll:

Says it all, good work James :)

aussiejames

Sith Lord
Item specifics
Condition:
New: A brand-new, unused, unopened and undamaged item. See the seller's listing for full details. See all condition definitions
Theme: Star Wars VI: Return of the Jedi
Packaging: Without Packaging Type: Vehicle

So that's where it says 'new' also followed by see the seller's listing for full details. Arse

lejackal

Grand Master
robpmarsh said:
****.....sorry for getting hopes up guys
If anything it proves the guy is trying to deceive as he managed to get an experienced collector into thinking they were legit so a newbie such as myself would be easily duped.

TEEBO1979

Padawan
I was daft enough to buy one in October believing it was original. When put next to an original you could tell. As repos go it is good but was a bit pissed off with the non descript description.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom