Palitoy Vader

Jukesy

Sith Lord
Anybody after a palitoy 12-back Darth Vader?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=270055655786&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=017

Good Luck,
Kris

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
anybody who bids will be lucky to win against trade_federation_uk, he always bids really high. and them sells it for a really high price himself!!

Rudyard

Jedi Knight
Actually I thought it might end up going for more than that. Might have had a pop myself if I had the spare cash. Do we think that's a fair price? What about 12 back Palitoys generally?

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Rudyard said:
Actually I thought it might end up going for more than that. Might have had a pop myself if I had the spare cash. Do we think that's a fair price? What about 12 back Palitoys generally?

i had been under the impression that any palitoy 12 back wouild set you back at least Ã'£200, but i'm finding it hard to sell my tusken raider for even Ã'£150 so i'm not so sure!

maybe the hype's died down a bit, and only the genuinely rare items are going for bigger money now.

spoons

Grand Master
I started buying C6 carded 12 backs for around the Ã'£50 mark thinking I was getting a bargain. I've since relised that most of the C8 condition 12-backs can be got for around Ã'£100, and the more popular ones dont go for much more than Ã'£150. I might change tactics

sith-smith

Grand Master
Rudyard said:

There used to be a fairly consistent pattern, they'd start around the Ã'£3-400 mark and gradually rise in price as the character became more poular.

So C3P0 for example would be Ã'£300 ish, then would usually come Sand person, Jawa, R2, Stormtrooper, Death Squad commander. up to about Ã'£500.

By the time they Hit Vader, they'd be about Ã'£600. the remaining characters would easily get Ã'£800+ on many occasions they would reach well over Ã'£1k. Luke's were known to sell for over Ã'£2K!!!!!

I think the availablity of palitoy 12 backs is much better understood. Luke is no longer as rare as people thought so has dropped drastically in price. Chewie is now largely seen as the rarest.

The lower end six are now very available and appear regularly on eBay, so their prices have dropped. Vader is also much more available then first thought of, so he too has dropped a lot. The remaining five, apart from the Luke and Chewie have remian fairly consistent.

However, that could all be bollocks, because Palitoy is highly unpredictable.:roll:

:lol:

Rudyard

Jedi Knight
Thats really quite interesting, thanks mate. There's no way I can afford Ã'£5k or so to sploosh out on a set of P. 12bks. However, I would love to pick up the odd piece - maybe a Vader at some point...

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Rudyard said:
Thats really quite interesting, thanks mate. There's no way I can afford Ã'£5k or so to sploosh out on a set of P. 12bks. However, I would love to pick up the odd piece - maybe a Vader at some point...

buy my sand person then ;) :lol:

sith-smith

Grand Master
I can't understand why you sandperson hasn't sold.

I think 5k for a set of 12 backs would be a good price, especially if mint.

My complete set of 20 cost me 9K. I still think that was a good price, especially for beack then when palitoy stuf was going through the roof.

The emphasis has shifted from the 12 backs to the 30 backs now.

No doubt it will shift again.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
speaking of which, i don't suppose you want to sell your spare luke bespin 30 back do you gary?

sith-smith

Grand Master
I do, but i've currently got someone deciding whether they want it.

If they don't, I'll send you a PM

Rudyard

Jedi Knight
I've had a good look at your Sandpeople card Edd - its a lovely piece apart from the tear on the front which is a real shame (then again if there was no tear I doubt you would be selling it for less then Ã'£200...). Sadly I'm afraid I don't have the cash to justify the outlay at present. Come back to me in a few months and you might find I could be talked into it :wink:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom