Report this clown

roundster

Jedi Master
Supporter
Saw this earlier and thought it was a mistake until I read the description!

Shocking!

monkeyboy

Padawan
Sad but this is what it's coming to, seen a few obviously fake AFA labels, now they're starting to copy originals, won't be long before the fakes are totally indistinguishable from the originals. A hobby that's a victim of it's own success unfortunately. :cry:

Joe

Grand Master
I didn't think the original sellers fakes were all that convincing tbh. If you look at this figure and compare to a genuine one the first thing that should be obvious is that the picture of the AT-AT driver is cropped totally differently. On an original there should be a gap between the top of the helmet and the racetrack border but on the custom the racetrack is actually covering part of the helmet.

Next up is the punch. In short - it's ****. It's the typical custom punch, wrong in both shape and size.

Finally as Todd mentioned, the colours are just awful..terrible. The POTF logo should be rich and vibrant in colour, the red lines should be bright red with the STAR WARS text in an almost metallic blue. In comparison the red on the custom almost looks orange and the blue on the text looks baby blue.

I had to bring this issue of not being able to spot these kinds of things up on FB recently when a guy posted a warning about the original seller. His warning was justified (obviously) but what worried me was that his entire post was about how he could prove the AFA case was wrong (and the serial number wasn't real) instead of highlighting the rather obvious issues with the look of the card.

When people can only tell a fake by the type of case it's in or because the AFA number doesn't come up when checked on their website and not because the actual item in the case is obviously fake then you know the hobby is in a bad way.

decipher28

Padawan
An unfortunate development in the hobby,but doesn't surprise me.The money and desire for these items is stratrospheric right now.hopefully ebay act on the reports and remove the listing and not turn a blind eye.

Trouble is...with repro carded figures being openly sold on ebay surely this was just the next step.This kind of thing needs to be annihilated before it comes commonplace.

Joe

Grand Master
at-at driver comparison.jpg

Still a crap reproduction. I think the yellow bubble is causing people to worry more than they should about these. TBH but the yellowed bubbles are about the only thing the original seller got RIGHT on these :roll:

BlueDog

Sith Lord
tiefighterboy said:
The bubble for me is the scary part. I have an idea of how this is being done.

If you look closely there appears to be an area on the front of the bubble that is clear, in front of his face. I reckon he's done nothing more than colour the inside of the bubble with a yellow texta/highlighter or some type of translucent paint.

Now you point out the differences Joe it's quite obvious but at first glance it's deceiving.

Lindo

Sith Lord
missed an original one of these on ebay yesterday by a few quid, might bid a grand or two on this and just forget to pay when I win :twisted:
it would sure be a shame to waste this cunts time!

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
Joe said:
When people can only tell a fake by the type of case it's in or because the AFA number doesn't come up when checked on their website and not because the actual item in the case is obviously fake then you know the hobby is in a bad way.

I'd like you to find me a collector who thinks that the hobby is in anything but a bad way :lol:

And separately, the number of new collectors who haven't yet found places like SWFUK where you can actually get good collecting advice, and who therefore have really low levels of knowledge must be at an all time high. That isn't helped by eBay who clearly only give a **** about fees and do nothing to remove fraudulently listed crap.

kingshearer

Jedi Master
jedisearcher said:
Joe said:

I'd like you to find me a collector who thinks that the hobby is in anything but a bad way :lol:

And separately, the number of new collectors who haven't yet found places like SWFUK where you can actually get good collecting advice, and who therefore have really low levels of knowledge must be at an all time high. That isn't helped by eBay who clearly only give a **** about fees and do nothing to remove fraudulently listed crap.
Yes, at this rate, say this time next year, it will probably be impossible to tell the difference between real and fake.
Maybe only the smell of cards will tell them apart but no doubt some faker is working on that as we speak.

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
I'm no fan of grading and haven't had any dealings with the AFA, but I've reported this to the them. Whether or not they take action is up to them.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom