Are the 24 Vectis Palitoy DSC trickling out now.

stormcab

Sith Lord
Noticed quite a leap in these available for sale graded on eBay recently. Most for sale by the same seller and graded in February 2016. I think there was a discussion on here whether the box of 24 that sold in December for £12k would be just locked away by a collector, or filtered out over time. I didn't want to go too high on what we should be paying for the latter reason, and it seems I was right. Looks like they will definitely be making a big profit, as each is achieving over £1k for 80/85 grades. They will probably end up with £4-8k profit. The 70 grade one I would have snapped up before December, but now knowing there are so many more, and who knows if there are more boxes full, what I will pay for one has dropped like a lead balloon.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw...salic=1&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=200&LH_Complete=1

Palifan

Sith Lord
Good spot and it's an american seller so looks like that's where maybe some of these prices are coming from. Shame they probably won't have a UK home anymore but if people think they can make a profit then it doesn't really matter to them where the items are from.

Ian

Andyclarke

Sith Lord
I don't think these are the ones. 21 of the 24 were unpunched and they all looked at least 80s, the two of the ones you have shown are actually the same item (see afa code - looks like maybe a bit of dodgy bidding or a non payer. No evidence that any of these are from that case. I still think we are yet to see them and we probably will never see them again.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Don't like that seller. Anyone with so many different accounts screams "dodgy" to me. And looking at some of the carback lots he's sold he also screams "U-grader" :evil:

I'd be surprised if these weren't the ones. Maybe getting rid of the "lower grade" first, including the punched ones. If I was going to trickle them out I'd defo sell the lower grades first.

Andyclarke

Sith Lord
ScruffyLookingNH said:
Don't like that seller. Anyone with so many different accounts screams "dodgy" to me. And looking at some of the carback lots he's sold he also screams "U-grader" :evil:

I'd be surprised if these weren't the ones. Maybe getting rid of the "lower grade" first, including the punched ones. If I was going to trickle them out I'd defo sell the lower grades first.

I'd always sell the high grade first, you end up pissing a lot of people off otherwise. Don't forget Vectis have sold quite a lot of these besides the case load.

stormcab

Sith Lord
Andyclarke said:
I don't think these are the ones. 21 of the 24 were unpunched and they all looked at least 80s, the two of the ones you have shown are actually the same item (see afa code - looks like maybe a bit of dodgy bidding or a non payer. No evidence that any of these are from that case. I still think we are yet to see them and we probably will never see them again.

Ah good spot yourself. If it's not them then that's a hell of a lot of the same item from the same source. Maybe another box was found and sold off the radar.

Andyclarke

Sith Lord
You might be on to something as this one's come on today and looking at his completed sales this is his 3rd different AFA grade to be listed and he hasn't sold any other Palitoys recently. Maybe this is the guy who bought the case. Both previously sold ones have hit around the £700 mark so not a huge amount of profit, after grading shipping, ebay fees etc if any.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STAR-WARS...640167?hash=item1a13945de7:g:2sgAAOSwr0ZXN0yQ

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
The two Jeff eBay ids are Jeff Jacobs aren't they? If you look up jeffs museum on YouTube you will see one of the most insane collections that anyone would own.

I don't know a lot about him other than what other people say but I think he is one for buying/grading/selling. I may be wrong and stand corrected if I am but the whole thing would make sense.

Not sure if the other if is the same but it does look like this is the vectis box. He's a member on here I believe but doesn't post often. I think he had a stand at celebration with Zach tann and Matt biker scout. I'm sure I brought something off them. They were right next door to Chad and afa.

punk_pat

Jedi Knight
Andyclarke said:
You might be on to something as this one's come on today and looking at his completed sales this is his 3rd different AFA grade to be listed and he hasn't sold any other Palitoys recently. Maybe this is the guy who bought the case. Both previously sold ones have hit around the £700 mark so not a huge amount of profit, after grading shipping, ebay fees etc if any.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STAR-WARS...640167?hash=item1a13945de7:g:2sgAAOSwr0ZXN0yQ

Think this is the one

There's more of these on eBay than 65 back Lograys now!

Joe

Grand Master
white auto bot is Matt Biker Scout. Jeff and Matt often buy up collections together.

olisuds

Sith Lord
Definitely looks like Jacob and Matt picked these up. Between both of them there are 7 sold and 2 currently listed.

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
stormcab said:
BLIMEY, the last one just sold for £506 AFA 80! I'll wait til they start going for £400 before I buy one :D

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STAR-WARS...MQuhzhw2cmGhJAlSgdNTY%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

If memory serves they went £9.5k plus fees so £490 a piece. That didn't include postage to the states, postage to afa, grading fees, postage back and then eBay fees. To my mind, if this is the box we think it is then it seems very hard work and risk for very little reward. Sure, there will be some higher grades in there, but I think the guys would be lucky to make £1000 each of this. Seems like a lot but it's £40 per figure each. You only need one 85 at say £800 to but out of its bubble in transit and that's all down the shitter.

It seems like there's loads of money in this Star Wars game. I mean with all this talk of low priced palitoys and eBay, I often feel I should get in on the action but when it comes to the cruch, I probably get paid more per hour of effort and are just better off sticking to working for a living.

spoons

Grand Master
Mr-shifter said:
It seems like there's loads of money in this Star Wars game. I mean with all this talk of low priced palitoys and eBay, I often feel I should get in on the action but when it comes to the cruch, I probably get paid more per hour of effort and are just better off sticking to working for a living.

Wise words indeed

steve obi wan

Sith Lord
Supporter
spoons said:
Mr-shifter said:

Wise words indeed

Definitely one of the less wanted Palitoy ! :oops:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom