Did Palitoy actually put any of these together themselves?

lejackal

Grand Master
Did Palitoy actually put any of these together themselves?

Found this one, looks to have a bit of wear on it so thought it could be okay but seller has disclosed it's likely a TT :twisted:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252399071641

$_57.jpg

$_57.jpg

$_57.jpg

$_57.jpg

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
I'm not sure this one was a TT :?: Tinged bubble and r not most of the the TT on the 45b Bossk single stem bubbles :?:

Over to u "Mr Palitoy".

lejackal

Grand Master
It looked good but the seller described it as likely, maybe just arse covering? Also based in Brighton which makes you wonder.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
That's interesting, I picked up one of these from Nick at FF time before last. I too wondered about it and ran it past Jason who was there. Firstly he pointed out it had none of the "tells" other than the smooth seal. Mine was also in much (*edit* - memory playing tricks, on reflection I'd call it a draw :D) better overall condition with a clear bubble although it has a crease to the card. I paid less than half that thanks to Nick doing great prices on the day. Wish I'd had a couple of grand as I could have walked away with some incredible pieces at insane prices. Amazing stall :)

Lee Gregory

Sith Lord
I think they did, I used to have one, it was a single stem, but had the number, 03, I think it was, embossed to the bottom right corner of the bubble.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Here's my horny toad. As you can just make out in image 3 there is a (relatively) clear line of the seal about 3-4mm in from the edge of the bubble which curves round in a uniform line to the top of the bubble and then carries on in another straight line about 2-3mm from the edge of the bubble. That and the very clearly well sealed area between the stems means (to me) this was done on a proper machine rather than one a la Morphy Richards/Toy Toni.

Just comparing the two I'd say if mine is good (which I believe it is) then that one was good too, as the bubble (looking at the little Copyright (c) in the bottom left corner of the bubble) is covered in almost exactly the same way on both. Must be less than 2mm difference between them with the main difference being mine has the bubble 1mm from the bottom edge of the card and the ebay one is perhaps 2-3mm from the edge.

bossk45c-1.jpg

bossk45c-2.jpg

bossk45c-3.jpg

bossk45c-4.jpg

lejackal

Grand Master
Thanks guys, as I said it looked like a good one but then the seller all but said it was a Toni, just goes to show how much his actions have tainted certain items.

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
The edge of the bubbke not being pressed to the card all the way round the bubbke is an indicator of a factory press. If you have that then you're good.

Anything coming out of Brighton isn't a great indicator though.

Cheers Jason

monkeyboy

Padawan
Just to add to the bubble debate, I got a tfp off Toni and I've still got his email which said 'I've got a single stem ready or I can get you a twin stem' doh! How did I not realise. :cry:

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
monkeyboy said:
Just to add to the bubble debate, I got a tfp off Toni and I've still got his email which said 'I've got a single stem ready or I can get you a twin stem' doh! How did I not realise. :cry:

You still got it?

monkeyboy

Padawan
ScruffyLookingNH said:
monkeyboy said:

You still got it?
Yup.

lejackal

Grand Master
monkeyboy said:
ScruffyLookingNH said:
monkeyboy said:

You still got it?
Yup.
Now that is an interesting developement :!:

Tickion

Padawan
Hi, I was the seller of the Bossk in question. I also run Stall 83 at Snoopers Paradise where TT has a cabinet. Yes, i was arse covered here, more so than most people have to as I try my best to remain unassociated with his business given its close proximity. There is constant confusion/questions as to whose space is whose at Snoopers.

The reason I thought it was a blue-peter variant was because it was actually bought from TT's cabinet years ago and in light of the revelations the double stem rang alarm bells. Seems I messed up and someone got a bargain...so more fall out from Toni! :roll:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom