Ebay cracks me up!

Robstyley

Sith Lord
It never ceases to amaze me the amount of completely deluded mental cases there are on Ebay. Ive used Ebay for years to sell all sorts of things, it's a useful tool. But when it comes to certain things like Star Wars people are just off their heads. I know we've all seen crazy prices being asked for vintage but it appears to have migrated to modern too. Yesterday I listed some random modern figures Ive had lying around for ages, got too much of that stuff and not got much love for most of it so have a clear out and make a few quid. One I listed was a Legacy collection Luke Skywalker. Looks like he's got a dressing gown on :? Anyway these aint worth much, I put it on for a tenner with best offer, would've prob took 6-7 quid for it. I looked in the same category after and someone had a BIN of £49.70 for the same figure and someone else £39.99!! I then had a look about at other stuff and some of the prices being asked for modern MOCs and vehicles is staggering.

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
I've tried to stop buying Vintage off eBay. Too many bellends. It's not worth the hassle. Too much repro, too many bare faced liars. I was reading on the forum about how many people had gotten burnt and decided to bin it off. Would rather wait for some good stuff to come on the forum from people you can trust.

CaptainAntilles

Padawan
iv stopped buying from ebay , iv picked up 1 or 2 good figures and the rest were just a pile of **** . what cracks me up is everything is rare . general madine is rare ? or bib fortuna .
and some of the buy it now prices - do people actually pay these . i saw a bare warok that looked like it was pulled out someones arse for about 70 quid buy it now

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
Every weapon is believed to be original, every figure is mint and every seller has 20 years experience in collecting. Utter utter bollocks. I'd rather do without and wait for something to pop up on the forum.

robpmarsh

Sith Lord
sick of clicking on an auction stating '100% complete/original' and 'sealed moc' to see the description state 'repro weapon and cape' and 'resealed on a nice new reproduction cardback'.

damn shame it's not easy to filter out this crap to see genuine vintage on there

Lindo

Sith Lord
yeh also when you type in vintage star wars all this modern bollox comes up also, bloody annoying

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
I stopped ebay a few years ago when they reorganised the search option.

I also find it a minefield of nonsense. It was great when Pete Gowdy was on here as he would keep the forum up to date on ebays machinations.

I find the fees excessive as well. Not a fan anymore.

Lindo

Sith Lord
yeh vintage collection my arse they should rename it rat **** collection, I think ebay fees are generally not too bad though Grant, especially when you consider that Vectis charge you well over 3 times what ebay does!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom