Some ebay good news

naughtyjedi

Sith Lord
As some of you know or care to know or probably don't care to know (delete as applicable) I run a business off ebay, mostly. In computer bits. This past couple of weeks seems to be 'attract a ****tard week' on both sides of the ebay divide. However there is some good news so read on.

case 1.

Buyer decides he's bought wrong item. Opens up return case, returns item (but doesnt use the returns system). Fine. Item doesn't get back here. I ask him for any type of receipt of postage with my address on it. The item wasn't worth that much, but if I see the intention was there then that's fine. He says he has nothing. Then he presses the "WOO ****TARD BUTTON". Despite me being fair, he tells me that he scribbled his name off a courier bag and stuck mine on and placed into mail (despite the fact that he could have used the returns system). Now, that's a dangerous thing as it can get lost, or the RM might get pissy if it looks like that has been done, rather than a 'doesnt live here' kinda thing. I point out that that wasn't wise and its probably lost somewhere. I refuse to refund. He then sends me a graphic of what the label would look like as 'evidence'. It appears its something you would create in paint..

He opens up a paypal case with 'incorrect item received' (I countered that with his very own text in the very actual case itself saying how it was HIS mistake and all of the ebay emails), then says he now has a tracking number and the tracking shows its in some random place it was delivered to in Ireland (technically before I sent it to him, but I allow for time travel and space time rifts in my dealing with cases). Not my name, not the same country. Not the same time.

Paypal result.. REFUNDED!!! Yes. He got his money back.

Case 2.

I send a motherboard (always notoriously risky if sending to a ****tard) to italy. Month later I get a paypal case stating the item has issues and the buyer has escalated. No proof, no evidence, no sending back (I would pay if claim is true, a photo with my board connected to a screen with the fault described and refund postage as I always do).

Paypal result.. REFUNDED. Yup, you guessed it... don't worry kids, just buy something off ebay and its yours for free.

Both staggered me. And angered me. The first one was just a comedy of ****wittery I don't think I could have made up.

I phone paypal on both counts and ask to appeal both. I had to defend the first one and yes, I went down the time travel route. At first the person I spoke with didn't comprehend the time line. But kept stating the guy had provided tracking. I asked to speak to a non ****tard with a brain (I was much more polite) and amazingly the guy agreed with me, he comprehended that sending tracking of an item that clearly isn't mine is not a case for getting your money back. He also agreed with me on the second one. Technically I had no problem with the second one if the guy returned the item/or showed fault. But it appears I got my money back too. So I guess paypal lost out this time and two morons got their money back.

Moral of the story? No morals were gained here. All the idiots won. Lie and deceive and you will win. I won too..

itfciain

Grand Master
I had one of them yesterday - someone from Germany purchased a couple of those shitty magnets (that I have now taken down - they have been the result of 90% of my eBay issues) - 2 days later (and a day after posted out) he then says he doesn't want them anymore - I say sorry, I have posted - no reply

Fast forward a month and surprise surprise a case has opened up - in German eBay with all the text in German - and a Google translate is not my friend here as it makes no sense at all - but it looks like he is claiming they are not authentic (eBay description says that they are a piece of paper in a plastic case - not sure how non-authentic that can get) - the non-authentic option also entitles this guy to a free return (paid for by me) - so I update saying I am sad to see that he has opened the case but was expected considering he wanted to back out of the sale 2 days after purchase.

He replies back (in German) 'I do not understand' - and therein lies the problem - the guy has purchased something described in a different language and one he clearly can't understand - yet I am no out of pocket - I didn't even go down the eBay claim route and just refunded his money - as we all know (as Pete's example above) that eBay would have done that anyway

Moral of the story - stop selling shitty magnets (made by someone you considered a friend but then stabbed you in the back!)

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
naughtyjedi said:
As some of you know or care to know or probably don't care to know (delete as applicable) I run a business off ebay, mostly. In computer bits. This past couple of weeks seems to be 'attract a ****tard week' on both sides of the ebay divide. However there is some good news so read on.

case 1.

Buyer decides he's bought wrong item. Opens up return case, returns item (but doesnt use the returns system). Fine. Item doesn't get back here. I ask him for any type of receipt of postage with my address on it. The item wasn't worth that much, but if I see the intention was there then that's fine. He says he has nothing. Then he presses the "WOO ****TARD BUTTON". Despite me being fair, he tells me that he scribbled his name off a courier bag and stuck mine on and placed into mail (despite the fact that he could have used the returns system). Now, that's a dangerous thing as it can get lost, or the RM might get pissy if it looks like that has been done, rather than a 'doesnt live here' kinda thing. I point out that that wasn't wise and its probably lost somewhere. I refuse to refund. He then sends me a graphic of what the label would look like as 'evidence'. It appears its something you would create in paint..

He opens up a paypal case with 'incorrect item received' (I countered that with his very own text in the very actual case itself saying how it was HIS mistake and all of the ebay emails), then says he now has a tracking number and the tracking shows its in some random place it was delivered to in Ireland (technically before I sent it to him, but I allow for time travel and space time rifts in my dealing with cases). Not my name, not the same country. Not the same time.

Paypal result.. REFUNDED!!! Yes. He got his money back.

Case 2.

I send a motherboard (always notoriously risky if sending to a ****tard) to italy. Month later I get a paypal case stating the item has issues and the buyer has escalated. No proof, no evidence, no sending back (I would pay if claim is true, a photo with my board connected to a screen with the fault described and refund postage as I always do).

Paypal result.. REFUNDED. Yup, you guessed it... don't worry kids, just buy something off ebay and its yours for free.

Both staggered me. And angered me. The first one was just a comedy of ****wittery I don't think I could have made up.

I phone paypal on both counts and ask to appeal both. I had to defend the first one and yes, I went down the time travel route. At first the person I spoke with didn't comprehend the time line. But kept stating the guy had provided tracking. I asked to speak to a non ****tard with a brain (I was much more polite) and amazingly the guy agreed with me, he comprehended that sending tracking of an item that clearly isn't mine is not a case for getting your money back. He also agreed with me on the second one. Technically I had no problem with the second one if the guy returned the item/or showed fault. But it appears I got my money back too. So I guess paypal lost out this time and two morons got their money back.

Moral of the story? No morals were gained here. All the idiots won. Lie and deceive and you will win. I won too..

Nice job getting your money back. I block Italy from sales, not had a problem myself but have heard of lots of people who have. Might be worth considering?

Robstyley

Sith Lord
I've had nothing but trouble sending items abroad - Italy, France, Germany so I won't post abroad anymore. Not worth the hassle, I just state it in my listing. I just had a message yesterday asking if I could post a figure to Germany, said sorry but no.

sparkysx

Sith Lord
I don't even post stuff to Ireland!

Probably going to sell most of my collection soon, was going to do ebay, but better off taking a bit less on here and having no hassle!

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Good job, Pete. Well worth the fight. The more losses PP and eBay take the more likely they'll sort......bollocks they will. Shows how much they're making.

I now only use GSP for sending stuff abroad. Yes it's affected my sales but I have not had one single issue yet and I've sent over 20 packages from small to large that way. Hate the middle man making money out of the customers but then when some of those customers are dicks.....

naughtyjedi

Sith Lord
jedisearcher said:
Nice job getting your money back. I block Italy from sales, not had a problem myself but have heard of lots of people who have. Might be worth considering?

The only country's I've blocked as a business are Greece, who's postal system is like myhermes of old. Everything I've ever sent to Greece has got lost or INR. Despite tracking (maybe Greeks either have no idea where their local depots are/cant be bothered or the local depots hide.. one of these is true). Utterly pointless, so blocked. And Russia. Never ever send anything to Russia. You may as well throw it in the bin and save stress..

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
naughtyjedi said:
jedisearcher said:

The only country's I've blocked as a business are Greece, who's postal system is like myhermes of old. Everything I've ever sent to Greece has got lost or INR. Despite tracking (maybe Greeks either have no idea where their local depots are/cant be bothered or the local depots hide.. one of these is true). Utterly pointless, so blocked. And Russia. Never ever send anything to Russia. You may as well throw it in the bin and save stress..

Russia and Spain were always my problem countries. 1 in 3 Spain deliveries never made it or made it after the impatient bastard buyer decided to open a case. 1 in 3. Bloody joke.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom