Fx7 Boba fett coin offer

Joe

Grand Master
Hi Blue,

It was me that bought it and yes sadly it is a reproduction :( I will provide pictures for you no problem but it's 100% a modern reprint, it's been scanned in and printed off. Unlike a genuine sticker (I've compared to an unused roll of stickers) it's really thick and badly cut (looks like scissors were used) and there are also glue marks on the card from where it has been stuck down :(

Joe

Grand Master
I've just discovered why it's got a reproduction sticker on it too :( I'll attach pics for you in a few, looks like it's been resealed at some point and the tear on the cardback extended beyond the cardback and upwards where the sticker has been placed :(

Joe

Grand Master
Blueharvestleeds said:
Couldn't see any glue when I bought and sold it. Sorry if you are not satisfied with it. Please send back and I'll get it checked out.

No problem and thanks for letting me send it back. I'll still stick some pics up just so you can see what I mean.

It's fine. Sorry for the disappointment. Trying to get a good reputation, so this doesn't help. I will be contacting the seller to see if he knows anything about it.
Please don't let this put you off visiting our shop, either in person or online.

itfciain

Grand Master
Looking at the placement of the sticker then that would ring some alarm bells for sure - a close up zoom of it does substantiate what Joe is saying - the print quality is poor and you can see that it has been cut out with uneven edges

If you can tell us where you picked it up from then maybe we can find out who is doing this

Joe

Grand Master
OK here's what I'm seeing:

In this picture you can see what appears to be the glue residue on the cardback right next to the sticker:

glue-on-cardback.png

This is the really uneven cut on the side of the sticker:

uneven-cut.png

After pulling up one corner near the bubble I not only got a picture of how thick and bright white it is under the sticker but there is a tear extending up from the figure/bubble that was covered up by the sticker (just noticed this):

under-the-sticker.png

As I looked closer I noticed that there was quite a bit of separation between the bubble and card in that area and after sliding a piece of paper in to see how bad it was, it's quite clear that at some point it's been resealed at some point and the sticker added to cover up the damage above the bubble:

reseal.png

The sticker looks pretty good from pictures but in hand you can see it's not quite as vibrant as an original and the scan must have been done using a dirty sticker as it's got blotches and dark patches all over the place, unlike these unused stickers I compared with:

13880202_10157309382550338_8808953702774440895_n.png

Joe

Grand Master
Blueharvestleeds said:
It's fine. Sorry for the disappointment. Trying to get a good reputation, so this doesn't help. I will be contacting the seller to see if he knows anything about it.
Please don't let this put you off visiting our shop, either in person or online.

I wouldn't worry Blue, from the first reply on eBay you said you were happy for me to return the item so I've got no problem with you at all. A reputation is built not just by selling quality products but also by doing the right thing by your customers when a problem arises. We all know just how easy it is to pick up some dodgy stuff when you start buying and selling, some things just slip through!

I'll get it returned to you asap but I'm sorry to hear it sounds like you were sold this as an original piece :(

As long as I get good feedback. And can I get you to like my Facebook? http://www.facebook.com/pages/Blue-Harvest-vintage-toys-and-collectables/801112449966996

Cardbackkid

Jedi Master
Wow! To be honest I didn't even know people was making these sticker reproductions! I assume these coin offer stickers must be sort after then ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom