Recards/reseals ??????

av6

Jedi Knight
Evening everyone!

Just having a browse on eBay and stumbled across a few carded figures. I'm no expert myself, but just thought I'd post here and see what you chaps thought. My instincts (for a few reasons) tell me that they are just recards. Here you go.....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VINTAGE-STAR-WARS-ROTJ-C-3PO-REMOVABLE-LIMBS-65-BK-PALITOY-1983-MOC-AFA-/302049142614?hash=item4653882756:g:3PYAAOSwU-pXudLs

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VINTAGE-STAR-WARS-ESB-CLOUD-CAR-PILOT-1981-45-BK-KENNER-MOC-AFA-/291852165865?hash=item43f3bea2e9:g:y9kAAOSw65FXudTT

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VINTAGE-STAR-WARS-ROTJ-ZUCKUSS-48-BK-KENNER-1983-MOC-AFA-/302049138457?hash=item4653881719:g:cc4AAOSw9NdXudGP

av6

Jedi Knight
Non really. I'm very dubious about buying on eBay at the best of times. I just thought I'd post them here and see what those in the know thought. There's just something saying to me that they're recards. Im just trying to educate myself before taking the plunge in future.
I've read a few short articles on Toy Toni (WANKER. Can I say that on here?) and just thought that there was a possibility that they could be his handy work. The bubbles and the back of the cards show signs.

yoda

Sith Lord
lejackal said:
The top link is a Toy Toni RL Threepio, net is not in a baggie

Sorry if this is a stupid question what does RL stand for? The description on e-bay also claims it's factory sealed! That's not good if anyone buys it I have been caught before by Toni.

yoda

Sith Lord
av6 said:
Non really. I'm very dubious about buying on eBay at the best of times. I just thought I'd post them here and see what those in the know thought. There's just something saying to me that they're recards. Im just trying to educate myself before taking the plunge in future.
I've read a few short articles on Toy Toni (WANKER. Can I say that on here?) and just thought that there was a possibility that they could be his handy work. The bubbles and the back of the cards show signs.

Yes I got burnt before from his handy work. It was a Han large head lucky you put this up. I still am not sure of all the cards he has used.

lejackal

Grand Master
av6 said:
The two Kenner ones are not Toy Toni's, he only had Palitoy/ General Mills cards although that's not to say they are okay, I just don't have the knowledge for those two to give you the answer but someone else will without doubt

lejackal

Grand Master
yoda said:
lejackal said:

Sorry if this is a stupid question what does RL stand for? The description on e-bay also claims it's factory sealed! That's not good if anyone buys it I have been caught before by Toni.
Not stupid at all Collie, its removable limbs, I wad just being lazy. And yep, all is 20 years experience, you can trust me crap is either just crap or he has been had over himself.

av6

Jedi Knight
From what I've read he used ROTJ Palitoy and General Mills cards. I stand to be corrected on that though. The extent of characters used though, I have no idea. If you check the sellers other items, he does have other figures available. The trilogo stuff he has looks OK as the bubbles look fine with the square edges on the backplate. I don't know if Toy Toni had trilogo bubbles to use, but someone on here certainly will. Again, I'm really no expert here and would like to be corrected if I'm wrong.

yoda

Sith Lord
av6 said:
From what I've read he used ROTJ Palitoy and General Mills cards. I stand to be corrected on that though. The extent of characters used though, I have no idea. If you check the sellers other items, he does have other figures available. The trilogo stuff he has looks OK as the bubbles look fine with the square edges on the backplate. I don't know if Toy Toni had trilogo bubbles to use, but someone on here certainly will. Again, I'm really no expert here and would like to be corrected if I'm wrong.
lejackal said:
yoda said:
lejackal said:

Not stupid at all Collie, its removable limbs, I wad just being lazy. And yep, all is 20 years experience, you can trust me crap is either just crap or he has been had over himself.

I should switch my brain on before I post half the time here Carl :roll: I now get the RL I don't know what I was thinking :D

av6 I think there is a thread somewhere about these Toy Toni cards. His name always pops up now and again. I need to find it and read it again.
I have read that sellers listing and I think he states twice that the bubble I'd 100% factory sealed.
For anyone just starting out it would fool them. When I first started trying to build up some mocs I was buying from eBay. I had know idea about the whole toy toni scam. And by not having ever heard about it I had no reason to believe that could have happened.
Maybe that seller really doesn't have any idea that it's not factory sealed. He has alot of sales and positive feedback.

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
My guide has coverage of what was affected for palitoy cards:-

http://www.freewebs.com/mrpalitoy/

And here's a presentation I did on Toni at FF that should answer most of your questions:-

https://drive.google.com/a/torstonetech.com/file/d/0B5dADO41rXoHVWd3cnlJNjdQTVU/view?pli=1

That top link palitoy c3po is a Toni, the 2 Kenner after it are fine.

cheers Jason

yoda

Sith Lord
mr_palitoy said:
My guide has coverage of what was affected for palitoy cards:-

http://www.freewebs.com/mrpalitoy/

And here's a presentation I did on Toni at FF that should answer most of your questions:-

https://drive.google.com/a/torstonetech.com/file/d/0B5dADO41rXoHVWd3cnlJNjdQTVU/view?pli=1

That top link palitoy c3po is a Toni, the 2 Kenner after it are fine.

cheers Jason

:shock: wow that is some information I will get a good read through all of this.
Thanks Jason

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom