Votes: 0 0.0%
  • £20-£25

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • £25+

Votes: 6 54.5%

• Total voters

ODB

Jedi Master
If proof was ever needed that the GSP doesn't work on Ebay, who'd like to take a guess how much I was quoted for a few GI Joe spares that would easily fit in a small padded envelope to ship to the UK from America?

In the words of Brucie higher or lower.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
It can be a bit mad but I think you'll find it's the seller's error here.

The fees are decided on the value and weight of the item. I have noticed that, by default sometimes, the weight of the item was set to 60kg! They charge on the info received and if the seller has entered duff into or not corrected it then this can happen.

As much as I hate any middleman GSP works for me as a seller. I no longer offer postage abroad except through GSP as the grief through claims and complaints just is not worth the hassle. I actually get more international sales now I offer GSP than when I didn't. Also, not one single case or even grumble about delivery times and/or losses. I was running at about 5% losses when I sent by Royal Mail.

Say what you like about it but used properly is does have benefits.

poncho

Grand Master
I think its good for a seller. You just post to the uk ebay address and they do the rest. And its tracked too

from my experience as buyer when buyinh from ebay.com Ebay gsp open up the package when they receive it from the seller check it contents and reseal it and forward to the uk. They dont use RM when it comes to the uk they use couriers and both times ive i used gsp both packages were left on my door step!!!!! So dont buy a precious moc lol

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
poncho said:
I think its good for a seller. You just post to the uk ebay address and they do the rest. And its tracked too

from my experience as buyer when buyinh from ebay.com Ebay gsp open up the package when they receive it from the seller check it contents and reseal it and forward to the uk. They dont use RM when it comes to the uk they use couriers and both times ive i used gsp both packages were left on my door step!!!!! So dont buy a precious moc lol

Yeah, that's not so good :/ It's money for old rope. They must be making a fortune.

wrighty

Sith Lord
I have had good and bad experiences with GSP. If you are buying big items then I think GSP can work in both seller and buyers favour, I bought 2 huge Lego sets from US to UK and paid $40 GSP if sent via USPS it could be nearly $100. Then you do loose out on smaller items!! :D

itfciain

Grand Master
wrighty said:
I have had good and bad experiences with GSP. If you are buying big items then I think GSP can work in both seller and buyers favour, I bought 2 huge Lego sets from US to UK and paid $40 GSP if sent via USPS it could be nearly $100. Then you do loose out on smaller items!! :D

Yes, this. I have had people buy acrylic cases from Oz through the GSP and been quoted prices that I can't get posting direct. As they don't have a low customs limit like the UK then they aren't stung for those either. It is the smaller, pricier items that you do get stung for - and as Simon says - the prices quoted depend on the weight/dimension that the seller puts into the listing - if they get those wrong then the price for shipping looks daft

ODB

Jedi Master
I've had overwhelming negative experiences with the GSP, slow, poorly packaged and expensive so perhaps I've not the most impartial. Plus if you read the small print it is not a guarantee for the VAT and duty to be paid anyway, its another money spinner for Ebay.

The quote I got for 3 GI Joe accessories for just shy of £35, not sure if the seller messed up on the dimensions/weight but they seem to be a regular seller with overseas experience.

maxf

Jedi Master
what gets me is that they charge full vat and import duty on items which shouldnt have it - they say that in those cases it's a 'processing fee' or something.

Latest posts

Top Bottom