ahh £100 customs charge

poncho

Grand Master
:eek: wtf

il think il leave it at the post office thats holding it for me!

And take the hit!

Suggestions can i avoid the charge boys?

Robbing bastards!

itfciain

Grand Master
You can't avoid it - if you leave it then it will be returned to the sender

Was it an eBay purchase - if so, and it is returned then they will have to pay you back as not delivered (if you open a case)

Why so much - what was the value of the item - if it was much less than they have marked it for and you have a proof of purchase (PayPal receipt) then you could try to claim the charges back - but you would have to pay the bill first

poncho

Grand Master
It was easily sorted in the end

It was £10 charge not £100 rm didnt move the decimal point. It was a easy fix though rm apologised.

rdpla

Jedi Knight
they wont be happy you queried it, unlike a lot of people...

thats 90 quid less towards their xmas party..
they hit me for 150 quid on an item of mine that was returned to me..
still trying to sort it out..

Rob

yoda

Sith Lord
It is just a way of making a quick buck. And it really would piss you off. I was in Asia for awhile and had to send alot of items home so i posted them. Alot of my personal belongings were in the box that went home. I was told everything was sorted with fees which i did pay over the odds. I was back home a few months and my package arrived with another bill. I asked the guy in the delivery van to let me see the box. He didn't give a **** anyway he was only delivering it. He showed me another bill and he also laughed with me.
Once I got the box in my possession I told him thanks and walked on. I told him i wasn't paying anymore because I had paid all the customs fees. The problem is if it stays in your local office you are more or less screwed and you have to pay.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom