DT Vader / Uncut Saber

phreatobite

Jedi Master
Apologies if this has been raised elsewhere? But isn't this just a stretched saber?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-1977-Star-Wars-Darth-Vader-uncut-saber-rarer-than-dt-double-telescoping-/162207070244?hash=item25c44b7824:g:X1UAAOSwaB5XuiR8

darth_daddius

Jedi Knight
The problem about this for me is that it really does not look like a stretched tip. There is simply no way a tip could be stretched that far and still maintain the same thickness.

I don't know about the seller, but I'm pretty sure this is not just a stretched tip.

Pat

Lindo

Sith Lord
It must be legit as this guy knows his **** I mean he has 11 DT vaders so he must know the crack, what a numb ****

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
darth_daddius said:
The problem about this for me is that it really does not look like a stretched tip. There is simply no way a tip could be stretched that far and still maintain the same thickness.

I don't know about the seller, but I'm pretty sure this is not just a stretched tip.

Pat

7th and 8th photo down in the description clearly show its flattened in order to stretch it... or are you being ironic?

darth_daddius

Jedi Knight
No I wasn't, but I see what you mean. Good eyes mate.

I actually have a 'long' tipped loose Vader - not that long, but its definitely an oddity. Not worth $3.5K though either!

Cheers,
Pat

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
darth_daddius said:
No I wasn't, but I see what you mean. Good eyes mate.

I actually have a 'long' tipped loose Vader - not that long, but its definitely an oddity. Not worth $3.5K though either!

Cheers,
Pat
For fear of too much inuendo... dare I ask for a pic of your long sabre Pat? I'm a big fan of factory oddities like that.
Cheers
Steve

darth_daddius

Jedi Knight
I moved 12 months ago and I haven't had a chance to set my collection up properly yet. I'll see if I can't pull him out near Xmas and take a photo for you.

Cheers,
Pat

darth_daddius

Jedi Knight
Just realised I already took some pics.

Loose_Vader_Hong_Kong_long-tipped_sabre_1.JPG

Loose_Vader_Hong_Kong_long-tipped_sabre_2.JPG

Cheers,
Pat

darth_daddius

Jedi Knight
I do not believe they are uncut James. That simply doesn't make sense.

I'm not sure what these are. Possible an oddity or maybe they are just stretched. They are not an uncut DT though. Definitely not.

Cheers
Pat

indianawars

Sith Lord
aussiejames said:
Assuming Vader DTs used the same mould as Luke's there is no way this is 'uncut' as that is not how they were moulded.
tree-dt-saber.jpg

This picture always makes me weak at the knees :shock: If I remember correctly, didn't they sell cheap for what they are? Also, didn't he have multiples of these? for some reason I have the sum of $10,000 in my mind?...

aussiejames

Sith Lord
17204510.jpg

17198910.jpg

:shock:

Bill Mcbride's comments on the ungraded item on ebay " FAKE WARNING:
I've had quite a few people contact me on this, and I wanted to make a general announcement for everyone here.
This is nothing more than a standard saber Vader, that has had the tip stretched. The piece, as advertised, does not, has not, nor will ever exist. It's a 100% fan created piece - end of story.
Bill "

I trust his Vader knowledge over UKG but wonder how Steve? at UKG decided the item above is a factory produced 'error' ??

aussiejames

Sith Lord
UKG have dropped the ball before- but excuse me while I go 'play' with some Vader sabers :lol:

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10043&p=134272&hilit=prototype#p134272

momike

Jedi Master
Pretty shocking that they would grade that tbh.....might be more to it than meets the eye

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom