replicator boxes block

poncho

Grand Master
So my usual daily vintage starwars search

**** me. That bloody replicator boxes seller has clogged up my search.

can i block his sales from my searches?

Cheers boys

lejackal

Grand Master
poncho said:
So my usual daily vintage starwars search

**** me. That bloody replicator boxes seller has clogged up my search.

can i block his sales from my searches?

Cheers boys
Nope but you can call him a **** if you like :D

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
I thought the same thing.

Who the hell is supplying him the originals to copy from?! There is some seriously rare stuff he's replicating and he must have access to genuine examples in order for him to copy and get correct dimensions.

poncho

Grand Master
SublevelStudios said:
I thought the same thing.

Who the hell is supplying him the originals to copy from?! There is some seriously rare stuff he's replicating and he must have access to genuine examples in order for him to copy and get correct dimensions.
I seem too recall he paid shipping costs for a 3 pack box and unique shelf talker from a american collector so he could scan copy. He then posted them back to him...i think it was the 12 back group or a RS thread that i saw this.

Vialli

Padawan
I just can't get my head round this, it's not just the prick that's selling this **** but it's the twat's that are buying it. As a vintage collector there are hundreds of pieces I would love to own but we all have our budgets, this does not stop my enjoyment of collecting at all, that's life. If I see an item I like and it's in my price range then i'll take it, if it's over what I can afford then I accept it will go to someone else. What I can't understand is why would someone knowingly buy something that, even at a fraction of the cost, is reproduction ? Surely the whole point of collecting vintage Star Wars is that it's vintage Star Wars ! Why anybody would be happy to display this crap and pass it off as if they owned a killer item is beyond me. They'd be better off buying a box of Cornflakes, the cardboard is probably older than the "Replicator" boxes, and a hell of lot ****in' cheaper.

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
I think he used to have a huge collection but sold it after taking the scans.

To be honest you really need to see one of these things in hand. He doesn't print ont the cardboard he prints onto paper and glues it to card. The images are terrible. Not just the print quality but the scans are way off. It might look convincing in an eBay thumbnail but in hand it's fooling no one.

The argument on Facebook is always: I want to display stuff but I can't afford the real deal. It's only for me and only for the nostalgia. Unfortunately for these guys it looks **** on display. Irregardless of their idea when they buy it it just looks ****.

Lindo

Sith Lord
does not surprise me that dicks on facebook buy this bollox, lots of dicks on facebook, I think I hate facebook as much as this replicator boxes ****, as you say trawl through page after page of his **** when I have searched for VINTAGE ****ING STAR WARS I mean WTF!!

x-pack

Grand Master
Only very naive collectors would buy this stuff. I guess its the cheap and **** route to showing your mates what an amazing collection you have, presuming none of your mates have a ****ing clue about vintage star wars. For example, I cant imagine anyone on this forum feeling comfortable with any reproduction pieces in their display.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom