UNCIRCULATED Luke X-Wing figures

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I have just found this link, have any of you herad about this and where the **** do this guys find never used figures ? :shock: :?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UNCIRCULATED-VINTAGE-STAR-WARS-LUKE-XWING-PILOT-PALITOY-FREE-SHIPPING-WORLDWIDE-/252523344308?nma=true&si=pr%252BPfDm3RL1wSZQfSbUscS9CTco%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

MarkG

Jedi Master
The seller has been trying to shift these for a while now... but since they have offered free postage and it was plastered all over Facebook they have flown out the door.

I'm sure there was a thread on here somewhere about this a week or so back too.

Imperial Jay

Youngling
I bought one of these about a week ago and still waiting for it to be delivered whereas I know of others that have had theirs delivered already. From what they say their great condition

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
Yeah, they flew out of the door when they appeared on Echo. They're overpriced IMO, especially when they don't come with a weapon, but the free P&P to the UK seems to have helped. He's doing some 4-Loms for the same price (£14) without a weapon.

Frunkstar

Grand Master
These have been doing the rounds for years, not from the same seller, but pretty sure from the same palitoy overstock find in Oz, superdan on RS had loads of stuff from this find including unused weapons & many figures, even some really nice baggies which is why I remember the find so well, I got one of these lukes back when they were still being sold with the weapons thankfully, the one I have is minty, defo worth getting one if you need a really nice example for your loose run as it's a tough figure to get mint.

theguiltyone

Sith Lord
The story is the original owner got these post the Palitoy factory shut down. Some years later he emigrated to Australia and took his SW collection with him. Then he sold the lot to a local and I think they have changed hands once or twice since then.
The current sellers ebay pic with the boxes full of LXWs are not Palitoy boxes unfortunately, still though they make for a good pic!
I was late to the game, only got one sans weapon.

marc

aussiejames

Sith Lord
I think that seller is Nick K, as Frank mentioned it's from an old warehouse find, SuperDan had some, Paul M etc. http://forum.rebelscum.com/showthread.php?t=1002553

Imperial Jay

Youngling
aussiejames said:
I think that seller is Nick K, as Frank mentioned it's from an old warehouse find, SuperDan had some, Paul M etc. http://forum.rebelscum.com/showthread.php?t=1002553
After my last post I was wondering where mine was...turns out it had been stolen along with 3 others. Getting a refund

lejackal

Grand Master
Imperial Jay said:
aussiejames said:
After my last post I was wondering where mine was...turns out it had been stolen along with 3 others. Getting a refund
You want a refund just over a week after buying from Australia? It can take over a week UK to UK never mind 10000 miles or so

Imperial Jay

Youngling
lejackal said:
Imperial Jay said:
aussiejames said:
You want a refund just over a week after buying from Australia? It can take over a week UK to UK never mind 10000 miles or so
Erm no mate, the seller has already told me the situation and that parcels were being stolen from depot and mine was one of them

lejackal

Grand Master
Erm and he somehow specifically knew yours was stolen with no tracking? Guy actually is a Jedi or he oversold what he had

Imperial Jay

Youngling
lejackal said:
Erm and he somehow specifically knew yours was stolen with no tracking? Guy actually is a Jedi or he oversold what he had
Hey look I'm only saying what he told me, and tbh he was very reasonable about it all. Refund has been sorted so no problem

Palifan

Sith Lord
In defence of the seller I also have bought one of these figures in the past and found him to be very friendly and also took the time to answer a question I had (something that most eBay sellers wouldn't give you the time of day for). I bought my figure just before Christmas last year and he even wrapped it in some Christmas Darth Vader paper, now that's service!
As for him knowing that his parcels went missing it's hard to say but maybe he knows someone in the post office or there was some kind of tracking.

Anyway, I thought I'd post up a few things that he wrote to me about the history of these figures. -

Hi Ian

Thank you for your purchase!
The figures where sent from the UK back around the late 80's from Tee Jay Models in London.
Someone from the UK owed Tee Jay some money so they paid them in about 12000+ carded, loose figures and thousands of weapons.
Please see photos (photos are gone now but it was boxes of loose figures, I think one lot was Zuckuss though)

Me - Thank you for sending all the information on these figures, most helpful and really appreciate it!
It's an amazing sight to see all those figures together and maybe the coo stamp will be an indication of when they were produced.

Yes I was speechless when ..... showed me these. But I missed out on most of the carded Palitoy figures and all of the boxed Popy and Takara cared figures from Japan ☹️

Me - Thanks for the extra pictures you sent through yesterday, quite an eye opener! Shame you missed out on some of the other bits and pieces but looks like you still scored some nice things.

Your welcome mate

Yes it's still a good catch, but I still buy a lot of used figures from the same guy.
I bought 45 used Obi Wan Kenobi's the other day for $1 each no capes or Sabers.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom