"Taking the biscuit"

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Was having a nice chat with Ben("Mr Shifter") last night about vintage and the subject of over priced Tri-logo Yaks came up and this indeed takes the biscuit :lol:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/322279729549

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Well it's not even top end grade :!: I could almost understand a 3K asking price if it graded triple 90 gold as that is a v rare grade-esp for a Tri logo etc but a 70....come on :?

Sparky P

Jedi Knight
Supporter
I'm afraid to say that this seller has exceptionally high expectations. I suspect that many, like me, have been watching this chap's attempts to sell a full set of ok, but not spectacular, graded Kenner 12 backs. Pretty sure there was a thread on it last year. I made a bid on his Luke FB but he didn't want to split them up.

I'll let you judge for yourself but they'd be overpriced for the Palitoy equivalent. I just don't understand how he expects to sell them. Which is a shame because he has some nice pieces and a lot of other decent stuff.

I'm all for people getting the going rate for their collections and wish the seller luck, I just don't think he'll get many takers at those prices. :(

scott82

Jedi Knight
palitoyjunky said:
Well it's not even top end grade :!: I could almost understand a 3K asking price if it graded triple 90 gold as that is a v rare grade-esp for a Tri logo etc but a 70....come on :?

yeah id say 3 would be pushing even for that. :lol:

MarkG

Jedi Master
Geez.... he's even asking £50 for a fivers worth of 50p coins !!

Anyone that buys his stuff at those prices it shows the market is really screwed up.

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
Considering all the high price stuff he's got its kind of funny he's never sold anything for over a couple of hundred quid :lol:

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
MarkG said:
Geez.... he's even asking £50 for a fivers worth of 50p coins !!

Anyone that buys his stuff at those prices it shows the market is really screwed up.

Yeah their a good one as well, it even says 'circulated' on the item description!

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
Problem is, it's sales like this that make people think the rougher ones they have for sale are worth hundreds/thousands.

Nick dykes has one graded at 75 for £1200 up for sale at the moment. Now nick is a dealer and as such his prices are going to be higher than a person to person sale. I'm not knocking him for that as it's no difference to buying used cars for example. But £3k for this 70 is cloud cuckoo land.

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Actual value, as in sales prices on things seems to actually be fairly stable as a general rule. People's asking prices though do see to be getting steadily higher in the public spaces, most specifically Facebook... doesn't mean they are selling or that the actual value has therefore changed at all.

To clarify, I have 65 items of vintage Star Wars listed on the Star Wars tracker system. The items are a random selection of MOC, Loose, 12" and Diecast; nothing super high end, but a few things that list out at c£400 and some at £10, so overall a decent mix. I actually keep meaning to remove these all and start again, adding my entire collection in a methodical manner... time, work, family and running all have other ideas...

Anyway... In the circa 12 months I have had them listed they have in total fluctuated no more than £400 at the extreme (oddly in July this year :? ), from the price/value when I first listed them all. I would note that they are currently as a total there is less than £80 difference in value from when they were first listed on the system. Across 65 items that is an increase of only £1.23 per item as an average. I guess if anything that proves two things; its not a real investment opportunity and the values (sales prices) are not truly skyrocketing.

It seems to me (based on the tracker at least) that despite all our concerns about stupid prices, the sale prices are not as silly as we think overall... Sure some things are selling at stupid prices and mugs are getting mugged off buying them at those prices. We will of course all see and be shocked and scared by the astronomic prices some relatively normal things sell for, but we are maybe more accepting or just not noticing the more expected and normal sales, let alone the bargains that are maintaining the stability as the average that the tracker must use to generate the value..

I'm not on commission from Jarod btw! But I would highly recommend the system not only as the tracker (if you have the time! :lol: ) is a pretty awesome tool to log everything you own in a more complex a completist manner than a spreadsheet, but it may also help you sleep at night when worrying about dramatic price increases ruining the hobby.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom