Really?!

Palifan

Sith Lord
Please tell me that this BIN is way off - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LOOSE-VINTAGE-STAR-WARS-LAST-17-POTF-LUKE-STORMTROOPER-AFA-U90-NO-COO-RARE-/302101358685?hash=item4656a4e85d:g:2EsAAOSwNRdX-jtZ

I have just noticed in the sold listings that a U90 Yak went for near 900 GBP and a Blue Snag 85 is only worth 650 GBP now-a-days so anything's possible I guess.

Ian

scott82

Jedi Knight
Anything is possible.. most of it though is too many people not knowing what they are looking at and just getting sucked in by the "u90 and rare" going crazy and overpaying. granted it is a really nice figure but prices these days who knows?!? :? there was a loose chewie on a while back and it was just your average HK, nothing special, no weapon and it went for £47...... wtf?

lejackal

Grand Master
IMO that's worth £150-200 tops and I'll happily throw in a kick to the cock for whoever took it off the card

indianawars

Sith Lord
I think one of the problems is when some moron with more money the sense buys something like this - it then gives idiotic sellers the impression that this is 'the standard.'

Darthgulliver

Padawan
I know what you guys are saying but i dont think a pefect yak face can be valued at 150-200 pound this figure would be absolute perfection maybe 400 pound mark but i agree 900 is ridiculous.

lejackal

Grand Master
Darthgulliver said:
I know what you guys are saying but i dont think a pefect yak face can be valued at 150-200 pound this figure would be absolute perfection maybe 400 pound mark but i agree 900 is ridiculous.
The link was a Luke Stormy, not a Yak

Palifan

Sith Lord
Darthgulliver said:
Sorry i thought the conversation was about a yak face selling for 900 pound my mistake.

I did mention the Yak as well as I noticed it in the sold listings as another crazy price achieved and also it's now seen as rarer than a Blue snag judging that you can buy one cheaper (even though I'd say neither are that rare).

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LOOSE-VINTAGE-STAR-WARS-LAST-17-YAK-FACE-AFA-U90-MINT-/152240443501?hash=item23723cd06d%3Ag%3AMNkAAOSwMNxXUrfK&nma=true&si=sVX3rTQzeQ2F0S9YYOk%252BUCRgCfI%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Star-Wars-AFA85-Blue-Snaggletooth-Sears-Exclusive-Kenner-Palitoy-AFA-/222275031527?hash=item33c09fd1e7%3Ag%3AQ5AAAOSw-CpX-P06&nma=true&si=sVX3rTQzeQ2F0S9YYOk%252BUCRgCfI%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Oh and the Luke Stormtrooper sold :shock:

It's a crazy world out there for sure.

Ian

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
This aligns with my new standpoint: it's not the sellers that are to blame, it's the buyer. I nearly sent this seller a message last night pointing out what a complete twat he was because no last 15 have COOs but then I thought in which case I should point out U grading is for cocks and that he ask was about 600% over the value of the figure. Then I realised that it reinforces my recent epiphany: he's not the problem. No seller is the problem unless they're lying or deceiving. I have zero sympathy for buyers paying inflated prices whether it be for a U graded look Storm or a Trilogo Yak Face. Ranting at sellers is not the answer and, actually, good luck to them because they'll need it: In a properly mature market they will be squeezed to death and end up taking hits on a lot of expensive toys they can't sell, and this market is growing up fast.

The answer is like it always is in these things: education. Whether it be teaching your old mum not to click on the link for the "HMRC Tax Refound" (yes, it was spelt like that) in the e-mail or teaching folks that there are actually very, very few production items that are truly rare and that patience, not pounds, is the key to collecting.

And if some raging twat wants to pay £1200 for a £200 figure then let him. Anyone with common sense will see this doesn't drive the price up if the buyers see it for what it is. Sadly, FB is not the right forum for educating folks, Forums are.

And as for eBay? Love it. Buy It nows are the way to buy and the way to sell. The best bargains and the best sales.

Palifan

Sith Lord
And as for eBay? Love it. Buy It nows are the way to buy and the way to sell. The best bargains and the best sales.[/quote]

:lol:

Spot on about the buyers who are really causing the problem here, we've dug our own graves (well some of us anyway).

Ian

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom