Lando complete £2.40

Jedi83

Padawan
Hi all,

Ok I've just bought a mint Lando off eBay for £2.40 + £2.00 PP. Was this a good deal? Sorry for all the questions today, but I'am just getting use to the forum etc + it gives me a chance to test out this photo bucket. So if my pic doesent appear you know Ive messed up. Hope fully the weapon is vintage not repo.

Lando.jpg

cheers

gustie

Sith Lord
thats ok priced if the blaster is original i guess :)

check for texture on the cape on one side... it makes a zipping noise if u run ur finger over it
guess.jpg

also there is 2 different shaped ones as pictured below
landopbpandchina_barfront.jpg

as for the blaster...
bluebesp1.jpg

bluebesp2.jpg

theres 2 original ones for you to compare :)

Jedi83

Padawan
jabbawokkie said:
that cape looks wrong colour mate

Hmm, Thats kind of anoying if its a replica cape. I will see what comes in the mail. All good learning though. I have just come accross this Lando on the net. He seems to have darker trousers. Are their any vareiants????

lando1.jpg

gustie

Sith Lord
probably a "made in hong kong" with stamps on both legs

PBP ones have greyer blue legs compared

gustie

Sith Lord
the most obvious lando variation is the white teeth and no painted teeth ones

ive got a few now so ill push up a few pics when i get 5

Jedi83

Padawan
Cheers Gustie,

So do you concentrate your collecting on vintage starwars figures which have vareiants?

gustie

Sith Lord
i was just trying to complete just the main run with one of each figure....

that was BEFORE i discovered this site, then i seen the guys variants and thought it was kinda cool due to the chase to find such figures.

so now i got quite a few lol

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
The figure and weapon look okay to me. The right arm hole on the cape looks strange, it may be a repro or just torn it's hard to tell from the photo.

Jedi83

Padawan
Yeah I know what you mean about the right hand arm hole. It does look odd. I will keep you up to date once I receive it. The sellers comments would seem to say that the the cape is not vintage.

Sellers comments:

"VINTAGE STAR WARS LANDO CALRISSIAN IN EXELLENT CONDITION!! WITH ORIGINAL VINTAGE GUN"

So whats the price of a vintage Lando cape? Are they easy to get hold of?

01AB

Jedi Knight
Just buy a complete all original figure with gun and cape in good condition if you can, I got my first Luke jedi without saber and cape for about £2, I then got one with those bits as it worked out cheeper in the long term but the saber was repro (i knew this when i bought it), Im now looking for a real lightsaber but looking at spending £5 ish so I may as well buy a complete figure with all the real bits!!!! you get the idea... Of course you have have to trustthe seller in all cases.

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
Jedi83 said:
Yeah I know what you mean about the right hand arm hole. It does look odd. I will keep you up to date once I receive it. The sellers comments would seem to say that the the cape is not vintage.

Sellers comments:

"VINTAGE STAR WARS LANDO CALRISSIAN IN EXELLENT CONDITION!! WITH ORIGINAL VINTAGE GUN"

So whats the price of a vintage Lando cape? Are they easy to get hold of?

thats how sellers hide repro items :twisted: :twisted: price on cape you may be looking around £5 if its genuine and everyone is after it

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
Depending on your budget if you are prepared to pay top money Leahs Toys is one of the best sellers on ebay:

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Welcome-To-Leahs-Toys_W0QQssPageNameZstrkQ3amefsQ3amesstQQtZkm

gustie

Sith Lord
craignwo4life said:
Depending on your budget if you are prepared to pay top money Leahs Toys is one of the best sellers on ebay:

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Welcome-To-Leahs-Toys_W0QQssPageNameZstrkQ3amefsQ3amesstQQtZkm

ive bought from Paul too... good seller

snagbar

Jedi Knight
group shot
landocape001.jpg

first 2 different china stamps,next 2 pbp ones different head/belt sculpts
landocape009.jpg

next 4 coo erased,different head sculpts/belts
landocape008.jpg

next 4 coo hongkong smiling/non smiling.last one made in hongkong stamp both legs
landocape006.jpg

gustie non of these capes have got that textured finish on them sure it's original????????

Jedi83

Padawan
Jeese thats a lot of Landos.

Cool collection though. Have you got any other pics of your full collection. Just posted mine up today. :lol:

snagbar

Jedi Knight
not yet mate .got no stands for the little buggers,or for that matter no display/shelves,moving soon and the forth bedroom is mine so custom unit to be made :D :D :D :D

Jedi83

Padawan
snagbar said:
not yet mate .got no stands for the little buggers,or for that matter no display/shelves,moving soon and the forth bedroom is mine so custom unit to be made :D :D :D :D

Forth room sounds good. I am just moving myself this month (first house) and lucky enough it has a small, but adequate attic room conversion, which after tense negations with my girlfriend it will be the new display room for my figures etc. Cant wait. :p

gustie

Sith Lord
my capes are real :) i have only 3 capes - the pic of the texture is super macro so it doesnt look that big on the capes - bit it does the zipping noise with your fingernail like a VCJ cape does.

all of mine
alllandos.jpg

Belts
belts.jpg

white teeth and no teeth
teeth.jpg

COO's
lcoo.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom