GDE Leia, what am I missing here?

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
That's a Meccano ROTJ Leia and until recently that card hadn't been known to exist until a couple of MOCs showed up in a find a couple of years ago.

That's the first known cardback to show up. Despite condition, that's a great price.

I thought we had an auction outing rule on here?

Posting up eBay links 2 and a half days after the auction ended isn't long enough. That's still open to backdooring!

Jason

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I don't get this eBay rule, I can post something 2 minutes before an auction has ended no problem. But not aloud to 3 minutes after auction has ended? Not being funny or anything but have I missed something, are all the threads in the eBay section deleted as soon as an auction ends? :? :)

itfciain

Grand Master
theforceuk said:
I don't get this eBay rule, I can post something 2 minutes before an auction has ended no problem. But not aloud to 3 minutes after auction has ended? Not being funny or anything but have I missed something, are all the threads in the eBay section deleted as soon as an auction ends? :? :)

The reason is (and this has happened a number of times before) that someone unscrupulous might have missed said auction but decide that they will now make an offer to the seller of more money.

The most famous case of this was a Trilogo Madine sold over on the French eBay

lejackal

Grand Master
itfciain said:
theforceuk said:

The reason is (and this has happened a number of times before) that someone unscrupulous might have missed said auction but decide that they will now make an offer to the seller of more money.

The most famous case of this was a Trilogo Madine sold over on the French eBay

The story is in here if interested;

http://trilogo.info/features/general-madine/

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I understand that, but shorely using this logic we shouldn't be posting any eBay links on the forum. What's stopping someone looking through the eBay section for recently ended auctions? I'm not trying to start anything here, I just don't see the point. :)

lejackal

Grand Master
Unless advertising your own sale maybe it should be nothing live and nothing for a week until it's ended?

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
lejackal said:
theforceuk said:
What's stopping someone looking through the eBay section for recently ended auctions?
People being lazy :lol:

Yeah looking at it from that perspective then it's the right thing to do I guess. If someone is looking to backdoor then they will just search eBay sold listings, where as if they see something that's gone cheap on a forum they might think ow I need that and am willing to pay more wander if I could massage the seller.

indianawars

Sith Lord
And there you go... I've learnt something new :lol:
In all honesty, I dismiss this as being a tatty cardback too.
I don't know enough about the types of cardbacks like others do here. Prior to reading these responses, I don't think I would have brought it even if it had been on for £10 BIN... but as I said, I don't know nearly as much in regards to cardbacks.

But I'm sure the winning bidder is over the moon with it! It's like the equivalent of me paying £100 for an Indy figure and no one else understands why because you don't collect Indy toys.

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
I can't see how this is difficult to understand.

If you were trying to collect a full set of Kenner ROTJ cards but Leia had never been seen, but then a couple of examples turn up, that makes them valuable, no?

Everyone is trying to put that kind of run together.

Not to mention all the Leia focus collectors...

It's on the same par as the rare Kenner 21 back storm trooper card. All the Kenner and storm trooper focus collectors need one, so supply and demand dictate a high price.

Jason

MarkG

Jedi Master
mr_palitoy said:
It's on the same par as the rare Kenner 21 back storm trooper card. All the Kenner and storm trooper focus collectors need one, so supply and demand dictate a high price.

Jason

That will be why I can't ruddy find one then... didn't realise that one was rare !!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom