The $2,300 loose Tauntaun

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
I'm not making this up... for those that didn't see this U-Grade auction posted on facebook.

s-l1600.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-War-Tauntaun-Highest-One-Ever-Graded-AFA-U90-1980-Kenner-/162302787220?nma=true&si=v0OUYt4mJVFOdg0CjvReUnv6hpc%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Joe

Grand Master
Hmm, has it sold since this thread was posted? Do we have a closet U90 collector in our midst?! haha

lejackal

Grand Master
Clearly I don't agree with this but I can see what the seller gets from it - what is truly worrying is that out there somewhere is someone off the bottom of the IQ chart with plenty of cash that has not only infected the SW collecting community but could also one day further pollute the gene pool :twisted:

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
Pretty sure this must be a case of shill bidding on this as nobody in their right mind would pay this for something that looks so poor.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
No one actually paid for this, did they? I don't believe so. It really is quite impossible. If you're the kind of syphilis infected cock that collects this sort of thing then surely you would pay $200 for a MISB one and whatever AFA charge to destroy the thing? No one, no one at all on this rock would pay that for that. I have no idea who the seller is but they clearly are worthy of drowning.

lejackal

Grand Master
ScruffyLookingNH said:
No one actually paid for this, did they? I don't believe so. It really is quite impossible. If you're the kind of syphilis infected cock that collects this sort of thing then surely you would pay $200 for a MISB one and whatever AFA charge to destroy the thing? No one, no one at all on this rock would pay that for that. I have no idea who the seller is but they clearly are worthy of drowning.
SublevelStudios said:
Pretty sure this must be a case of shill bidding on this as nobody in their right mind would pay this for something that looks so poor.

Unfortunately this wasn't an auction, it was a BIN or best offer.

I refer to my previous statement :lol:

lejackal said:
what is truly worrying is that out there somewhere is someone off the bottom of the IQ chart with plenty of cash that has not only infected the SW collecting community but could also one day further pollute the gene pool

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Bonkers! I thought it was bad enough when a graded Wampa AFA 80 sold for £120 about 6 months ago on eBay.

There's no way someone brought that Tautaun?

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
**** that there is no way on God's Earth someone paid 2.3K for that :!:
I'd rather b mugged on the street for over 2K than do that :lol:

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Encased is a Snow Lizard,
To protect from the Hoth blizzard,
Certainly marbles have been lost,
To even justify one tenth of the cost,
Madness is all around,
Prices will continue to astound,
But the adage again is imparted
A fool and his money are soon parted!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom